Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Personality "change"

[He...]

Hello everyone,

Something I've been asking myself lately: I started taking Klonopin when I was 16-17 (currently I'm 26), when I'm in a lower dose I have the perception I'm slowly getting back to the old me, to the teenage me. I've always been reserved, quiet and an introvert. Klonopin seems to have created another kind of "personality" in me, did anyone go through something similar?

Thanks.

• 7 months later...
[En...]

Yes clonazepam changes who you are. It takes over your brain and you become the medication. I noticed as I come down in dosage the old me is coming back as well. This is the medication and what it does to us. Makes us people we are not. Get off the medication and see who you really are. These meds are meant for one time use not long term. If you have underlying issues take care of those before you wean yourself off. Then you will not need this medication in the future as a rescue. I hope you are doing well as this is an old post and deserves a response.