Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Worsening each day . Emergency. Help.

[Ma...]

all my nerves turned into stone / metal wires that are pulling. I am so stiff I turn into a statue my face frozen my hands arms chest . The stiffness makes me unable to move I am a robot. 

I have no feeling anymore inside my body like I have no organs no lungs no stomach , it feels like a concrete wall without any response to stimuli. Same for head. It’s like I am squeezed by a vise 24/7 in my whole body!?
my nerves in legs feel like someone is eating my flesh of an iron pole 

I am fighting for my life 24/7 the past weeks. It’s worse than accute and accute I had the stone feeling also 

and the feeling my bed was concrete , as if my body was made of metal laying in a matras of concrete. 

My shoulders and neck turn into stone and feel cold as if the tightening doesn’t allow blood to come into it. 

it is like someone took an iron bat and hit my muscles and bones continuously for 24 hours. 

i am literally fighting to stay alive I am losing my sanity 

I had these days earlier but it was a matter of days and then it would easen up a little. Now it’s here since beginning of august and no day I get relief.

do I have to reinstate, 

I am 9 months off. 

i had akathasia all the time on the zopiclone so I am not sure if reinstatement is an option. 

help. I can’t stop crying 

Sorry @[Ma...]. You are really going through it, I can feel your pain.  I was suffering bad at 9 months out.  There is no rhyme or reason in benzo withdrawal, it’s relentless and very scary.  You have to go with it and keep hanging in until it changes, it will get better. 

It’s miserable, but we don't have much choice until it turns around.  I used to remind myself that healing is happening when symptoms are at their worst. It  gets worse before it starts to get better 

Be strong, be positive, you will come through this awful experience.

Magrita :smitten:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Thank you for your reply

i am at my wits end 🥹I don’t know how anymore. I am losing sanity just because of pain. 

Why does it get before its get better? Do you know why 

14 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

Why does it get before its get better? Do you know why

I kept hearing this, that it gets worse before it gets better never understood it until it happened to me.    I didn’t think it could possibly get much worse for me …..but it did.  When I got through it,  that’s when it started changing for the better.

keep going @[Ma...]:hug:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, [[M...] said:

all my nerves turned into stone / metal wires that are pulling. I am so stiff I turn into a statue my face frozen my hands arms chest . The stiffness makes me unable to move I am a robot. 

I have no feeling anymore inside my body like I have no organs no lungs no stomach , it feels like a concrete wall without any response to stimuli. Same for head. It’s like I am squeezed by a vise 24/7 in my whole body!?
my nerves in legs feel like someone is eating my flesh of an iron pole 

I am fighting for my life 24/7 the past weeks. It’s worse than accute and accute I had the stone feeling also 

and the feeling my bed was concrete , as if my body was made of metal laying in a matras of concrete. 

My shoulders and neck turn into stone and feel cold as if the tightening doesn’t allow blood to come into it. 

it is like someone took an iron bat and hit my muscles and bones continuously for 24 hours. 

i am literally fighting to stay alive I am losing my sanity 

I had these days earlier but it was a matter of days and then it would easen up a little. Now it’s here since beginning of august and no day I get relief.

do I have to reinstate, 

I am 9 months off. 

i had akathasia all the time on the zopiclone so I am not sure if reinstatement is an option. 

help. I can’t stop crying 

I could have written your post a few yrs ago. 

Listen to me!! Please don't reinstate!! What you are feeling is part of the wd process...and I know it feels so horrible.

That stiffness..tightness concrete statue feeling..with burning acid feeling on top of it.

I walked like the tin man for yrs because my muscles would not relax down.

Are you able to take a bath with some Epsom salt..it helps relax the muscle tension.

Please know you aren't alone in this and that's it a very hard process to get thru..but with with so many healing rewards.

Don't believe the lies your brain is telling you. You will be fine..its gonna take time and you've already started healing. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Thank you so much for you reply the pain is triggering my akathasia also I don’t know what’s is happening I am getting worse and worse people tell me indeed it gets worse before it gets better let’s pray for it I have never ever been so bad as the past month Feels like the muscles are breaking bones of my skull neck jaw back fore arms legs I have such horrible dystonia I am curved in a s shape like this for days now without any minute of relief 

I don’t have a seizure but I am in that position from the upper person in the image for hours / days I am chocked to death from the muscle dystonia 

4DD12CEC-E886-4FA2-8E21-A6EBD9210A5D.png

I'm here and listening. I'm so sorry you're dealing with these symptoms. While I can't offer you any medical advice I can offer you support in your healing journey.

I remember my first yr off I couldn't sleep because my mattress felt like steel..no softness to it at all..but it had softness before wd. I kept telling my husband we need a new one..we bought one and same thing..it was uncomfortable..felt like steel. It was my nervous system..shocked from the wd.

I know this is so hard on you and barely able to keep your head above water. If it's of any comfort to you others here have or had your same symptoms.

The nerves and muscles can be torture in this process.

Hopefully late evening is easier on you as the cortisol lowers..at least that was my experience..morning was horrible on my cns.

If I can be of any assist please don't hesitate. 

Keeping you in my prayers.

Hugs

• Like 1
  • Love 1

No:( thank you for asking

i am in a terrible state more dystonia excruciating nerve pain and unable to even stand 

I can’t sit or stand since long time but now not even 10 seconds 

@[Ma...] A previous poster suggested Epsom salt baths- have you tried that to relieve the sensations? I swear by them. Even if it's just for a few minutes. I understand you cannot sit or rest for long, even a hot shower can be relaxing, then fill the tub and float/soak.

Are you able to burn that energy off by walking? Deep breathing exercises? Progressive relaxation techniques? These are all methods to stimulate the relaxation response. What you do to your body will impact the mind, and vise versa.   Maybe start w/ deep breathing exercises? There are many videos on Youtube. 

This will pass; it's a phase.

Thanks for your reply. My dystonia is quite severe and no massage no therapy no bath relax my muscles. I am completely deformed from the chronic dystonic posture I am in. There is one woman , Ajusta , she was here too. She is the same as me, 3,5 years off and no improvements. I have this dystonia now for 20 months and it’s spreading to more muscke grouos :( 

1 hour ago, [[M...] said:

No:( thank you for asking

i am in a terrible state more dystonia excruciating nerve pain and unable to even stand 

I can’t sit or stand since long time but now not even 10 seconds 

Are you able to take magnesium? It does relieve some tight muscles. Also magnesium oil might help. 

I realize you aren't able to go out for these things. Is anyone there with you to get them?

8 hours ago, [[b...] said:

Are you able to take magnesium? It does relieve some tight muscles. Also magnesium oil might help. 

I realize you aren't able to go out for these things. Is anyone there with you to get them?

For some reason it makes me worse I get really bad convulsions and flare up of aka everytime I tried magnesium or Epsom salt bathing…:(

@[Ma...] Hi. Mascha I'm so sorry for what you're enduring here. What you've described sounds awful... hell on earth. I was really hoping you would be able to do epsom salts, but as we know for some reason during this process, our body can have the most intensely odd responses to certain supplements. I wish I had some magic supplement that could get rid of the muscle/bone/tissue pain. 

I'm sorry I don't have something more to help... I'm thinking of you and truly PRAYING this terrible wave passes QUICKLY. 

1 hour ago, [[i...] said:

@[Ma...] Hi. Mascha I'm so sorry for what you're enduring here. What you've described sounds awful... hell on earth. I was really hoping you would be able to do epsom salts, but as we know for some reason during this process, our body can have the most intensely odd responses to certain supplements. I wish I had some magic supplement that could get rid of the muscle/bone/tissue pain. 

I'm sorry I don't have something more to help... I'm thinking of you and truly PRAYING this terrible wave passes QUICKLY. 

Thank you sweetheart ❤️

I relate to your muscle stiffness. My back and chest are so incredibly stiff. They seem to be set off even more from things I eat, sometimes it feels like after I eat everything tenses up even more. Tomatoes are a big trigger for me. I feel achy much of the time from the bottom of my sternum even down my arms to my hands. The things that I find that help me are hot showers, and guided muscle relax meditations. I can feel almost normal from some good meditation but it can take 30 minutes at least, focused breathing into the areas that are stiff, go slow, it really helps to relax specific muscles. The more you do it the easier it gets. There are many guided meditations on YouTube. Put on some headphones and follow along.  They help. I've relaxed muscles that have stayed relaxed for a week or so after having incredible tension. I hope this gives you even slight relief. 

• Love 1

3 hours ago, [[D...] said:

I relate to your muscle stiffness. My back and chest are so incredibly stiff. They seem to be set off even more from things I eat, sometimes it feels like after I eat everything tenses up even more. Tomatoes are a big trigger for me. I feel achy much of the time from the bottom of my sternum even down my arms to my hands. The things that I find that help me are hot showers, and guided muscle relax meditations. I can feel almost normal from some good meditation but it can take 30 minutes at least, focused breathing into the areas that are stiff, go slow, it really helps to relax specific muscles. The more you do it the easier it gets. There are many guided meditations on YouTube. Put on some headphones and follow along.  They help. I've relaxed muscles that have stayed relaxed for a week or so after having incredible tension. I hope this gives you even slight relief. 

Thank you. Does it feel like concrete for you too? As if the body turns into a statue, unable to move?

I'm so sorry you feeling so badly :( It will get better. The Insight Timer is a great app that has an abundance of resources for mindfulness that may help. I pay for your healing. Carli

• Love 1