Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

People with POTS/DYSAUTONOMIA symptoms

[ev...]

Does anyone's feet get really red as well as their hands throughout the day. My heart rate will get extremely high especially if I don't take my heart med they gave me. I also have been having constant back pain that is deep in my upper/mid back and it makes me short of breath constantly. I went to the ER again and they didn't find anything so idek. I got an appointment with a neuro doc and a GI next, now do I need to add a pulmonologist lol... I already have seen my cardiologist about a lot and she has helped me so much but like I get in severe pain and out of breath, which is scary especially cause nobody can find anything, but my 02 sats aren't dropping. I can tell it's not anxiety but it does consistently happen at the same time as the back pain.

• 1 month later...

This started happening to me after I got covid in March of 2020. That virus can have some bad long-lasting symptoms. I ended up with POTS/Dysautonomia, MCAS/histamine intolerance, bulging veins in my hands and feet, blood pooling in my hands and feet (red and/or blue), HR spikes, shortness of breath, fatigue, unable to eat most foods (lost 65 pounds), unable to walk or stand. It caused kidney/back pain and lung pain for the first 6 months after, too. It got worse before it got better. I'm somewhat more stable today but not yet out of the woods yet. It's how I ended up on a high dose of Xanax XR. I think that initially helped but then eventually made it worse. Trying to finish a valium taper now. I've written more about what I've done to manage it in some other posts. I hope you start feeling better soon.