Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I jumped!

[B1...]

Tapered from Ativan 1.5mg after THREE WEEKS USAGE (CT and fast taper both failed). 8ish month taper. 

1.5mg -> 1mg = Doc reassured me that would be fine. WRONG.

1 -> 0.5mg - 0.1mg drop every two weeks.

0.5mg -> Jump -> DLMT cutting 0.005mg every day. Best tolerated. No breaks. 

I jumped at 0.005mg of Ativan. 

Main symptom has been exacerbated OCD although I have dealt with a ton of other symptoms like panic, sleep issues, food intolerances, rage, intense depression, achiness and burning, etc. Most of those disappeared or calmed down after DLMT. 

Here's to the rest of my life. I am completely med free. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Congratulations Birdie. Way to go. 

I wanted to make a post but I will take advantage of yours. Me too I am benzo free since 19th of August. I am very proud and happy. I jumped at 0,12mg. It's been 2 weeks and my main symptoms are difficulty sleeping, the traditional insomnia and muscle aches. I don't feel like doing anything as well like a kind of depression. I give myself time. I will wait till the end of September to start looking for work or start a supplement program to reboost myself. 

I am very happy for you. A new page starts for us. 

I would like to thank Pamster and people supporting, reassuring and helping each other on this forum. Without benzo buddies it would have been a more difficult journey. Thank you for this forum and for helping us. 

For those tapering, you will get there as well. Keep going. 

• Like 1

@[B1...] and @[Cl...] Congrats to both of you, you both made it through, and may you reclaim your life and your road be smooth for both of you. Hold your head high, and know how strong you both are, no one understands....unless they have gone through it. 💖 Peace and Healing.

Hi @[B1...]! Just want to say... CONGRATULATIONS. So happy for you... proud of you and excited that you are embarking on the next chapter of your life BENZO FREE! Tapering off of Ativan is no small thing. Truly incredible... keep us posted on how you feel. 

• Love 1

7 hours ago, [[L...] said:

Congrats B1rdie and Clinda, my last doze of my tamper is tonight! Looking forward to being benzo free with you.

@[Li...] Congrats to you too, it is so nice to read that all three of you will be off. :thumbsup:

• Love 1

Thank you everyone and congratulations to the other who have jumped or about to jump.

It's been 4 or 5 days now. I'm in a fantastic window right now, brightest and best I have felt since I started tapering. And that is after I got 3 hours of sleep and a panic attack yesterday. Woke up to racing heart and health anxiety. I commited myself to not checking anything benzo related until I showered. Then I did some breathing exercises and now I feel like I am on cloud 9. Perhaps it's a tiny window, but I feel incredibly lucky to feel this way right now. Keep going everyone. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@[B1...] so happy that you are in window. I am prepared to jump off off Valium on Sunday. My dose is 0,14mg. I strongly believe I will not have harder time after jumping off than during my whole taper. 
Enjoy your day. 

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for the congratulations and well wishes. I have started to sleep a bit better. Hopefully, things will keep improving. Good luck Zirafa and limitless.

Edited by [Cl...]
  • Love 1

@[B1...]I am happy that your sleep has improved as well. As soon as my sleep is back to normal and I feel alright I will start applying for work. Can't wait for a normal and healthy life. We have done the hardest part, now only time will heal. 

On 05/09/2023 at 23:40, [[b...] said:

@[Li...] Congrats to you too, it is so nice to read that all three of you will be off. :thumbsup:

Just wanted to say that you sound like such a kind person encouraging others. I hope you are doing well and are over with the benzo like us. It's an exhausting fight so we can be proud to see the light at the end of this tunnel. 

1 hour ago, [[C...] said:

Just wanted to say that you sound like such a kind person encouraging others. I hope you are doing well and are over with the benzo like us. It's an exhausting fight so we can be proud to see the light at the end of this tunnel. 

Thank you so much for your kind words. It is what we do, we know what each other has had to deal with and we rise up and help one another. Yes I walked off 3yrs and 10 months ago yesterday, and I am doing well, thank you. And yes indeed the light is there for all and will guide those that still see the darkness....

💖Peace and Healing.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update here. 2 weeks off and feeling better than I ever did on my taper. Energy, mood and outlook have all improved massively. SI is gone, hope has returned. Sleep is as good as it's ever been (which isn't amazing 😂 but it's fine). Cortisol rushes are much lower than they used to be. Appetite and GI are normal. Cognitively I feel much sharper. Just gotta deal with the Dang OCD then I'll be right on track. 

I credit my success to a long and steady taper, tons of therapy, dietary changes, NAD+ infusions and a ton of support from loved ones & online. Don't give up hope, especially those tapering. 

• Love 4

Oh my goodness, you just made my day, this is fantastic news!  I wish we could put your post on the banner at the top of the platform announcing this to the world, thank you, thank you for letting us know how you’re doing!

What a wonderful way to start my day, thank you! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@[Pa...] Thank you!!! You were such a great help to me in moments of utter despair. I'm glad I was able to bring some joy into your day, you absolutely deserve it for what you do for this community.

I will make sure to write my full success story when the time comes to keep the hope alive for everyone going through this treacherous, soul sucking journey. And keep checking in when I can. My inbox is always open to anyone who has any questions or needs some hope/reassurance.