Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Advice on tapering zopiclone

[le...]

Have just reinstated zopiclone as felt so terrible. Am taking 2 a night want start tapering off, but was forced to CT last time. Figure will cut down by 1/4 tablet a night, Ashton seems to say every 1-2 weeks, not much on z drugs. Really depressed and miserable at moment, so don’t want make that worse, but def want to get off it, I was never addicted befire no interdose withdrawal. Does that sound OK?

They are meant be 7’5 mg but think are much lower than prescription ones. Yes def help with sleep.Only been back on about 5 days, but want get off as soon as I can without causing problems. Never had any interdose withdrawal previously.

If you’ve only been back on the Zopiclone for 5 days, I’d do a very rapid taper, must faster than what you’re proposing, I’d do it in two stages just a few days apart.  The longer you stay on it the more dependence you’ll build.  I would imagine you’ll return to your previous baseline which wasn’t good I know but if you stay on longer, I believe you run the risk of making your situation worse.  

I don’t want to do too quick a taper as still under lot emotional stress that they help with, I’ll see how it goes maybe ever 5 days or so drop. To be honest I was never dependent on them could miss a day and was fine. I know others have had problems but for me had zero problems. Being made tonCT caused the problems. But agree too long taper not good idea.

I'd do a very rapid taper, too if it were me. You say you're taking 2 a night . . . how about 1 and 1/2 a night for a couple of days (maybe as long as a week) , then 1, then 1/2, then 1/4, then zero. I did this sort of a quick taper with Zyprexa some years ago (NP advised it). It was okay. Where did you get these pills as you say they're not prescription? If you ordered them off the internet, I'd get off asap (the above rapid taper). 

Thanks for advice but think will do slower taper seems less chance withdrawal symptoms. Ashton manual says every 1-2 weeks won’t take that long but will try every few days. Everywhere advises a slow taper to avoid withdrawal symptoms. Came off AD’s quickly and was absolute hell. I never had any problems with zopiclone so will do it gradually but will stop them. Had 1 and 3/4 last night seemed OK. Going through lot other stuff so think slower better at moment.

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/09/2023 at 00:58, [[P...] said:

Hi @[le...], what mg are your pills?  Did your reinstatement take away any of your symptoms, how long have you been back on the Zopiclone? 

Hi I'm just wondering as I'm cimg off clonazapam(not started yet waiting for help from my gp she's ringing tomorrow and I have to be assertive I want off) if I could cut back my pregablin I'm on 300mg a day I've already cut back on one and also if I could come off my antidepressant as I feel all my med are conflicting and I feel ill. Told my gp this for 8wks but she won't help me..GPS should be made to pay for a detox with the damage they have done 

Thanks🧜‍♀️

13 minutes ago, [[m...] said:

Hi I'm just wondering as I'm cimg off clonazapam(not started yet waiting for help from my gp she's ringing tomorrow and I have to be assertive I want off) if I could cut back my pregablin I'm on 300mg a day I've already cut back on one and also if I could come off my antidepressant as I feel all my med are conflicting and I feel ill. Told my gp this for 8wks but she won't help me..GPS should be made to pay for a detox with the damage they have done 

Thanks🧜‍♀️

Hi @[me...]

I don’t feel right addressing your concerns on leanns thread, it’s considered rude to hijack another members thread so if you’ll start a thread of your own, I’d be happy to discuss your questions. :classic_smile:

Pamster

4 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Hi @[me...]

I don’t feel right addressing your concerns on leanns thread, it’s considered rude to hijack another members thread so if you’ll start a thread of your own, I’d be happy to discuss your questions. :classic_smile:

Pamster

So sorry pamster can't seem to get anything right

1 hour ago, [[m...] said:

Could you delete my posts please thanks

Hi @[me...], its tough learning how to navigate around here, we recently switched to new software and I’m having a difficult time too and I’m recovered so I can imagine how difficult it is for someone going through what you are.  

I hope you’re not serious about me deleting your posts, because I want to help you as others do, I just want to do it the right way.  If you start your own thread then all of the suggestions you get from members will be in one place, this benefits you and others who are looking for answers and can relate to your situation.  Please don’t give up, we’re all learning and want to help each other. 

Hi pamster I just wanted the threads that was in the wrong places deleting thankyou so much for your help I'm starting to come off my 1mg clonazapam could I risk cold turkey after being on it 6years my gp won't help at all 🧜‍♀️

• Like 1