Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Does our look goes back to the "normal" after all this?

[fu...]

I believe allergic reactions to benzodiazepines is unusual. Though, I am less sure about the excipient ingredients. And I have no idea about Lexapro and allergic reactions. In your shoes, I would be contacting a doctor about my concerns of a possible allergic reaction to one of two new medications.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, [[C...] said:

I believe allergic reactions to benzodiazepines is unusual. Though, I am less sure about the excipient ingredients. And I have no idea about Lexapro and allergic reactions. In your shoes, I would be contacting a doctor about my concerns of a possible allergic reaction to one of two new medications.

@[Co...] @[Es...] I now remember pharamacist telling me to watch out because I have iodine allergy and he said something about Lexapro having some kind.of iodine in it. I wonder idmf that's it? I only took 4 pills. I don't see going into withdrawal.

I am on Valium. To be honest, trying clonazepam or going back to alprazolam (which I was high functioning while crosstapering from it to diazepam) is so tempting. I am only surviving and not living these days.

• Like 1

@[fu...] So you have been tempted too? How long are you on V and how long will you be? I feel like the Xanax was keeping me in check but I know it's no good, but I am feel so awful now. everyrhing is out of whack

Edited by [Gr...]

this whole thing is overwhelming. I llost so much weight i have no muscle on my legs or anywhere. How does it do this? It's a nightmare

I feel like I am dead inside

9 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

@[Co...] @[Es...] I now remember pharamacist telling me to watch out because I have iodine allergy and he said something about Lexapro having some kind.of iodine in it. I wonder idmf that's it? I only took 4 pills. I don't see going into withdrawal.

Maybe contact the pharmacist to discuss it further!?

51 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

@[Gr...]

Four pills could be enough. These meds are extremely powerful. Not to be messed with. Look at this, especially the second part. You need your pdoc before something happens to you.

Edited by [Es...]

11 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

@[fu...] So you have been tempted too? How long are you on V and how long will you be? I feel like the Xanax was keeping me in check but I know it's no good, but I am feel so awful now. everyrhing is out of whack

I am on Valium since I started crosstapering from Xanax on 2018, finished the crosstapering on 2020 and I am still on Valium after two failed attempts of quitting the benzo.

But to be fair, it was awful when I was only on Xanax so maybe raising Zoloft or mixing with Valium did the trick. Later on the end of my first failed attempt to quit benzos, I increased Zoloft more with no success.

Edited by [fu...]
grammar

6 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

@[Gr...]

Four pills are enough. These meds are extremely powerful. Not to be messed with. Look at this, especially the second part. You need your pdoc before something happens to you.

@[Es...] OMG. I can't take another one of these poisons.  I am in a bad place. My body has wasted away. How dovai get muscle back? I wanted to ski abd I don't know if I'll make it. Is is really that bad goimg back on Xanax because it's been so long? what would happen? I am afraid of the unfamiliar

12 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

@[fu...]

I'd stay on the diazepam. It's ultimate crap, but the other BZD will turn on you sooner or later. Diazepam is your weakest opponent. One thousand times stronger than you, anyway.

Hi @estee

You really need to better avoid using such categoric statements, as they are inherently prescriptive in nature, and are contrary to our posting guidelines.

12 minutes ago, [[f...] said:

I am on Valium since I started crosstapering from Xanax on 2018, finished the crosstapering on 2020 and I am still on Valium after two failed attempts of quitting the benzo.

@[fu...] OMG. You are on V that long with failed tapers. I don't feel optimistic

7 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

@[Es...] OMG. I can't take another one of these poisons.  I am in a bad place. My body has wasted away. How dovai get muscle back? I wanted to ski abd I don't know if I'll make it. Is is really that bad goimg back on Xanax because it's been so long? what would happen? I am afraid of the unfamiliar

You really need to speak with your doctor. Or to talk again with your pharmacist would be a good start. Please, don't delay. And do not take on board prescriptive advice you receive online as gospel - it is usually not the the case.

• Like 1

@[Co...] We know the pharamacist will tell me to stop Lex and call doc who is not in till Mon. I only took 4 pills, yesterday was last. I surely can be in withdrawal already? People do have to stop any meds from allergic reactions, right?

@[Gr...] From the little I know of antidepressants, you will not suffer withdrawal effects after 4 days of use. If your pharmacist thinks it is an allergic reaction, and has advised that you stop, then that's probably what you should do.

• Like 2

@[Co...] Am I going to make it through this? I want it real soon. Have you any suggestions for my dryness? My skin is parched. From your experience, how/why does this attack the face and skin?  I fee like I am the only one with this. I don't see recent posts. I don't really want to to be on V. It's another I have deal with. I'm sorry, forgive me, I am just a regular 66 yr old active (was) woman who feels crumbled now. I don't want to be a statistic

17 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Hi @estee

You really need to better avoid using such categoric statements, as they are inherently prescriptive in nature, and are contrary to our posting guidelines.

@[Co...]

Okay, will delete it.

1 minute ago, [[G...] said:

@[Co...] Am I going to make it through this? I want it real soon. Have you any suggestions for my dryness? My skin is parched. From your experience, how/why does this attack the face and skin?  I fee like I am the only one with this. I don't see recent posts. I don't really want to to be on V. It's another I have deal with. I'm sorry, forgive me, I am just a regular 66 yr old active (was) woman who feels crumbled now. I don't want to be a statistic

If this is due to an allergic reaction, then I can only suppose* that your skin will return to normal after a while. But if you are in any doubt about the cause, you really need to see your doctor.

* Supposition - neither I nor anyone else here can give you precise answers to questions like this. It is not fair on us for you to ask the question; and it is not fair on you for us to supply an answer. I am not meaning to be hard on you - I just wish you to better understand the limits of a peer support community, or where those limits should exist at any (medical) peer support community.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[G...] said:

@[Pa...] I broke out from one of the meds I think or it's the aging thing. I I don't know. I'm inflamed. Edema Round my eye. 

I was actually addressing @[fu...] since this is their thread. 

4 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

If this is due to an allergic reaction, then I can only suppose* that your skin will return to normal after a while. But if you are in any doubt about the cause, you really need to see your doctor.

* Supposition - neither I nor anyone else here can give you precise answers to questions like this. It is not fair on us for you to ask the question; and it is not fair on you for us to supply an answer. I am not meaning to be hard on you - I just wish you to better understand the limits of a peer support community, or where those limits should exist at any (medical) peer support community.

@[Co...] I understand. Hey, is there a way like mind over matter that can help me beat this?  Positivr thinking, etc.? 

Just now, [[G...] said:

@[Co...] I understand. Hey, is there a way like mind over matter that can help me beat this?  Positivr thinking, etc.? 

You might start a thread on the Anxity forum. Or maybe The Bright Side forum?

• Like 1