Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I'm thinking of reinstating. I can't handle the tinnitus

[Mo...]

I have been on benzos before and gone off, the tinnitus will more than likely go away if it's related to the benzo's. There are, of course, other causes, so a visit to an audiologist would not hurt.  If you reinstate and benzos were the cause, then you'd only experience it all over again when you go off again. If benzos caused it, it will fade. I believe mine was gone in less than 8 to 9 months. 

• Like 1

@[Gr...] It has not been that long since you jumped, but I am not sure reinstating would be helpful.   If you reinstated it could take a couple of weeks to stabilize and then you will have to start tapering again, and there is no guarantee that the tinnitus will subside after reinstating.     I would be inclined to just stay the course.   The tinnitus should lessen in intensity over time.    You will have to weigh the pros/cons.   I believe once you have jumped, unless you are in serious distress, it is a good idea to get through the acute phase.  The acute phase can last for a couple of months.   This is the time when your symptoms are most intense.  

• Like 1

@[de...] Makes sense to stay put. I know what I'm into now (as long as it stays or gets better), but fear of the unknown by starting again is a kicker. Oh gosh, I hope it's less than months. I am wilting fast.

• Like 1