Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Triggering akathisia.

[dp...]

I'm just wondering if other people have issues triggering intense akathisa, that type that causes SI,.. when you do simple things like walk around the yard or fold a load of laundry? I can be somewhat stable as far as that goes to full blown screaming akathisia by doing the most basic of things. It's like unless I sit in bed and basically don't move, it gets so bad. What is that? How is that even possible?.. have others had that bad only for it to get better? It's very difficult existing in such a sensitized state 4 yrs free. 

Thank you

• Like 1

Gosh, I hate that even the smallest things are triggering akathisia.    Would it be possible to put your history into your profile?  This would help everyone familiarize themselves with your specific situation.   

Also, we now have a Protracted Group.   It is called Long Hauler.    I think you would really benefit from joining that group.  There is lots of wisdom there from people who have been in this battle for quite a while.   

Do you have other symptoms currently?

15 minutes ago, [[d...] said:

Gosh, I hate that even the smallest things are triggering akathisia.    Would it be possible to put your history into your profile?  This would help everyone familiarize themselves with your specific situation.   

Also, we now have a Protracted Group.   It is called Long Hauler.    I think you would really benefit from joining that group.  There is lots of wisdom there from people who have been in this battle for quite a while.   

Do you have other symptoms currently?

Hey, I just added it to my profile. Lots of drugs, both benzos and SSRIs,.. it's a complicated history. And thank you, I will check that out. As far as other symptoms, the main ones are extreme weakness, fatigue, exhaustion, anxiety/fight flight stuff, dehydration, panic, akathisia, digestive issues, nerve pain, a lot of the symptoms people talk about, but the aforementioned are the most extreme.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@[dp...] I completely agree with you on this. Thankyou ! As far as akathesia mine seems to kick up in hot or humid weather steamy showers or steamy food. So I’m housebound right now . If the weather is over 75 I don’t go outside or I suffer from it :/ showers I have to do room temp really and keep the bathroom door open to keep air flowing and stop any steam from forming. And when I eat hot food I have to keep a fan on my me . It’s not fun but it’s helping me get by. Do you have eye floaters 

[Bo...]

Yea I have a hell of a time with aka and stuck on mirt making me worse and so I’m so do sorry 

I hate that you struggle so much with it too.

our systems get so fragile in this for some of us abd ill never understand why aka exists. It’s truly the most treacherous thing in this and I’m so sorry. I’ve got the screaming that aging around self harm urges that are other worldly. It’s not ok and I’m do sorry. Keep reaching out, keep trying to stick to what calms your cns and I hope one of these days you finally get rid of it. 
sending hugs and keep reaching out to people.