Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

How to switch to Hyperbolic Taper?

[or...]

1 minute ago, [[L...] said:

One way to to reduce your taper rate would be to decrease the amount of your reductions (e.g. from 0.003mg pill weight to 0.002mg pill weight).  But I wouldn’t worry overmuch about this now.  If you reach a point in your taper where you feel you need to make adjustments in your taper (e.g. adjust your rate), members here can help you. 

I do understand this, and believe I've mentioned a few times in my posts, I can understand missing something, or just understanding the way I may write something so no biggie.  I  also understand how much help I have here.  I wouldn't even come here if I wouldn't have gotten any help, even people that don't have the right information, I can learn something valuable from.

Also on my apology for that false info I posted was, I feel, necessary for anyone I might have put on the wrong track, and that's who the apology was to, anyone, especially those seeking ways to do their Tapering.  But thanks for your thoughts and inputs, I'm sure they will help folks that come here :) Denise

21 hours ago, [[o...] said:

and I right now, don't get that at all right now, but I've never heard of it before.  What do you mean taper rate increase, do you mean I'll need larger cuts, longer holds, faster tapers??  I also plan to change up my dose depending on wd sxs so doubt it will be a fixed rate.

Hi oregonlady,

What do you think of this previous post of mine? Do you understand it?

previous post

By the way I agree with Libertas that you should not worry too much about this. I am not doing it this way myself.
If it interests you the way I personally am doing this is by not aiming at 0 mg, so the end point of the tapering, but at half my dose, in your case this would be half of 120 so 60. So this is my preliminary goal. Once I have reached it I reassess my situation and I wait as long as needed until I feel strong enough to go further and if I feel that my steps have become too big I will take smaller steps.

Then again I would aim at half my dose at that moment, so in your case this would be half of 60, so 30.

Once I have reached this I would aim at half of that dose, so 15. And so on. This is a global description, if necessary I deviate from it. I am doing it this way because in an exponential taper each halving of dose takes the same time.

• Like 1

I appreciate your help John and hope you will understand my need to stay out of this thread, at least for now.  I've got too much anxiety and can't deal with any of it right now.  I will just stick to what I've been doing as my dose is getting smaller, with minimal wd sxs.  I should have curved my curiosity and desire to learn more. "don't fix it if it ain't broken" I heard one time, that's where I'm at :) Denise

• Like 3