Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Seven more days

[Gr...]

This time last year Xanax had me in the hospital on life-support for 4 days.That’s what intrusive thoughts can lead to? In seven more days I will have one year being free of benzodiazepines and any other medication. I am so grateful each day that I’m here and able to breathe and talk and try to give hope to others. By no means has life been easy this year the pages can’t contain the list of symptoms that I’ve been through but compared to this time last year I’m a new person we do heal for any of you that are still tapering or fixing to make the jump to a Benzo free life it is worth everything that you can imagine. I would say I am only 50 or 60% healed but life is so much better. Yes I still have waves that drag me down to the bottom but I know how good it feels when the windows open. My hope is this time next year  I’m writing my success story. But for today I’m grateful to be here and I will continue this fight for as long as it takes.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Thanks for sharing part of your story!  It is so helpful to have people talk about the improvements they have seen!  I hope you get to write your success story soon!!!!

• Like 1

@[Gr...]thank you for sharing this message. I am glad you are living a good life… I’ve had a similar experience as you but I’m still tapering down. Thanks for a great post!

• Like 1

What a wonderful post this is!! :) that’s so amazing!!! From stranger to stranger, I’m so proud of you!! I’m so so so happy that you made it through this. So much strength behind your words. It takes much strength to be at your worst, but be grateful for the good things you have and even offer hope to others. That’s truly admirable.

Reading posts like this give me and others so much hope. As someone who’s only 6 months off, but feeling about 40-50% with good days this makes me feel good about things. The waves are very disheartening, but you’re right, the windows show us how many things in life to be grateful for. And eventually, the windows will simply become life.

Thank you for writing success story 1/2!! I’ll be here for the next one :) 

YOU ARE SO STRONG!!! Can’t wait until you’re on the other side and I can be there with you :) 

• Like 1

@[Gr...] your post is Priceless, and your acceptance of what is makes you stronger, I hope that those that feel hopeless will read your post today, and if not, please continue to share your story of being Grateful even while suffering. Because I know that it will help someone to pick themselves up and keep on doing the best they can, during a really hard time. Stay Strong. 💖 Peace and Healing.

• Like 1
  • Love 1