Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Addiction/Rumination

[kl...]

Anyone else struggle with spending to much time on here… It has been a lifeline but I also know I keep coming back to much to check and cross check everything because I don’t want to be setback by one of the thousands of things that seem to set us back as we recover that you all know that maybe medical professionals do not.

Edited by [kl...]
Rephrase what I was asking

@[kl...] I feel the same way. Everyone is so nice and helpful but I find myself on here constantly checking for replies to the point where it’s unhealthy.

Im no expert, but I think with time you’ll find the right balance. Stay strong, we’re all here with you. 

Oh yes. Absolutely get what you’re saying.

I would lurk this site before I even had an account to the point I couldn’t go probably 20 minutes without checking a post.

I was so addicted to doomscrolling and trying to find stuff that I knew would hurt me. I would just keep searching and searching and eventually I made things so much worse for myself. I basically searched for the worst possible things. Like “Benzobuddies never heal” or “Benzobuddies suffering terribly” on google or something. Then I would just scroll endlessly. Hours and hours.

Now 6 months off with more clarity, the posts just break my heart. It just hurts me so much to see all of these good people suffering so much man. For me the addiction and rumination was very real.

100% take a break from this site when you need to. I did for about 2 months, and it actually helped a very good deal. I just resisted the urge to get online when things were bad and just focused on myself. it helped my healing A LOT, actually. If I’m online, I offer my support to others instead of doomscroll. ABSOLUTELY reach out when you need to, but please do not hurt yourself with this forum. Your healing is more important.

The most important thing is to let YOUR experience speak for YOU. Take it a day at a time and focus on YOU. Be as grateful as possible and focus on only YOUR experience. Please take a break when you need to. We’re not going anywhere and we’ll be right here to help you when you come back :) 

• Like 1