Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I cannot think or speak correctly

[2b...]

Sometimes I want to say one word and I say another, I can't think properly or concentrate, and I can't speak either, while I'm speaking there is a moment when I run out of words, like a kind of block....
Is it normal?

I have that happen alot.  I think my thoughts run so fast. Then out of my mouth. Before my brain processes them...its tough but the lack of concentration/ focus and wandering stories. Or repeating things I don't like myself. It's hard on a daily basis. I wish you luck

Hey man. I completely understand that. Had that a lot, now that you mention it.

it definitely helps to remember that that’s completely normal even without benzos. People do this all the time! I know I did/do

I definitely do that more often than I used to, I’ll always say one word that sounds like the word I’m THINKING of saying as it’s coming out of my mouth, or also running out of words in a conversation or something. I get that part. I’ll like think of what word I want to say but then just lose it.

I’m 6th months off, and it has improved a lot. Probably just a combination of brain fog, racing thoughts, anxiety, etc. But as time goes on, my speaking is definitely getting more normal.

That’s something that has improved for me, so hopefully that can give you some hope!

I feel you. It’s like I’m in a dream (or nightmare) world and someone drugged me. Takes times to comprehend certain things.