Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I went CT January. Am I safe going to dentist?? Scared

[Bi...]

Hey Birdie.

I think this depends how sensitive your CNS is after your CT. I had some dental work about a year out I think (it's a bit of a haze) and I experienced an uptick in pain that lasted a few days. Others have had slightly worse reactions, and some have had no reaction at all. It seems to be a very individual thing. There's been plenty of discussion in the past if you do a search. There are alternatives to anesthetic. But I don't any experience with them. https://yourdentalhealthresource.com/top-alternatives-for-dental-anesthesia/

1 hour ago, [[B...] said:

I need a filling but scared about what will be injected. Anyone here had any effects or know of anyone? Please??

I have had a tooth extraction with versed anesthesia and have also had crown work done which required me to need Novocain to numb the area. I think I was revved a few days, but my symptoms are already so extreme that I couldn’t really tell, but you should be fine.

If you don’t want Novocain you can ask for carbocaine which is lighter but may take more to numb the tissue. Either way, you should be just fine. 

I learned that when they give you numbing injections, they have 2 options. One is just the numbing lidocaine, another is lidocaine with epinephrine (this helps control bleeding). I found im better off with just the lidocaine. The epi made me jittery.

hope that helps!