Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Really not sure what to do from here, entering another crisis (antidepressant/antipsychotic withdrawal)

[st...]

Hi guys, will try and give the best history I can.

May 2017 hospital. Trialed few different drugs over the few months. Seroquel, citalopram, abilify maintena, etc.
Landed on 20mg citalopram and 15mg olanzapine again. Stayed on these consistantly until around 2020 where I started
trying to taper with fail everytime always having to increase to full dose again. Tried different meds including rexulti, 
abilify injection, risperidone, lots more.

November 2022 Ended up at ER where I told them I was addicted to these medications. Switched to Haldol injection / bupropion 300mg and trazodone 50mg. Very suicdal, 3 months later switched to Abilify 15mg bupropion 300mg and trazodone 50mg. Same thing. Discontinued everything.

7 weeks no medications.

Then Risperidone 2mg @ ER one night. One week later got prescription and took for only 4 days then stopped again. Stayed off everything around 2 weeks.

8/16/2023 - lisinopril 10mg - 8/21/2023 last dose
8/17/2023 - clonazepam 1mg one day, 0.5mg 3 days, discontinued

I think that after I was switched off of olanzapine and citalopram I kinda started going downhill. The problem is that I spent well over a year trying to taper off those and get support tapering off them and was not able to.

Now it seems like I am reacting very poorly to everything I try and ending up in psychosis very often. I just can't return to the original medications, it's a for sure death sentence. 

Hi Stevenb, 

It sounds as if you're really struggling and have had a rough time! Clearly you've been on and off many drugs. For my money, anything that affects your CNS asks a lot of your nervous system, and going on and off cocktails of these is bound to leave you with your CNS in a rather fragile state.

This forum is geared mainly towards benzodiazepines, so I'm not sure if you'll find the kind of feedback you're looking for. It looks as if your most recent dose of clonazepam was August 17th. How long were you on it? Just a few days?

HCHC