Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Issues with word recognition?

[ho...]

Anyone else get issues with word recognition ? 5 years out and I’m in a wave of that as we speak and tingles in the calf (I posted about earlier) and my upper back…

I hate that this replicates so much! The fear of Ms is now cool even tho this began when it began. Damn health anxiety and Mris I never should’ve had with a few white spots at my age! 

@[ho...]I understand your anxiety over your health.   Try to remember that most symptoms are most likely related to BIND (Benzo Induced Neurological Dysfunction) however if you need to get something checked by a doctor, please do so.    It is better to know for sure what is going on.   I have not experienced having trouble with word recognition so I cannot address that.   I have had some cognitive deficits, but not being able to recognize words has not been a problem.   Did this just start happening?

28 minutes ago, [[d...] said:

@[ho...]I understand your anxiety over your health.   Try to remember that most symptoms are most likely related to BIND (Benzo Induced Neurological Dysfunction) however if you need to get something checked by a doctor, please do so.    It is better to know for sure what is going on.   I have not experienced having trouble with word recognition so I cannot address that.   I have had some cognitive deficits, but not being able to recognize words has not been a problem.   Did this just start happening?

It’s been on and off due last 5 years and I’m worse in a wave of it. But I’ve also had 2 setbacks that were brutal. My story began with a rapid taper and detox I was told was safe so I poured acid on the fire without even knowing. I’ve done so many medical tests the last 5 years my doctors are at their limits with how I run to them literally constantly and the thing is the fear and all with testing only makes me worse. I’ve had 4 brain mris (that showed a few white spots but I didn’t have one issue prior to withdrawal and my now retired neurologist said it was probably due to excitotoxicity from glutatame or a one time episode of demyelination from detox)vascular ultrasounds, functional medicine tests, abdominal ultrasound, every cardiac test imaginary with my cardiologist, spinal mri, abdominal mri, tons of blood work including ANA, 4 Lyme blood tests, inflammation tests, regular CBC a ton, plus many other tests and each time one worry ends and I’m cleared a new one opens up. And I also did stem cell treatment with last treatment 6 months ago. But the setbacks really wrecked me worse. All fear based one’s also.