Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Tapering

[...]

hello i tapered from 45mg of Diazapan in a year.  Was this to fast. My doctor said it was a slow taper.  Been of 18 months⁴no improvement  no windows. Thank you 

Hopefully some others will respond, but I would not call that a slow taper.  Still having symptoms at 18 months is pretty common, and not having windows is not uncommon.   What are your symptoms?   Do they lessen in intensity in the evening?   Please do not worry about your taper.   Everyone tapers differently and it is not going to effect the outcome of your situation.   You will eventually heal, but it make take longer than you want.   Please keep reaching out here for support.  

• Love 2

Please don't worry about your taper thats in the past ..your on the right road to recovery now..i am tapering and my mind is sometimes non stop with the what "ifs"..its horrible X

• Love 1

Hi @[...] 

I imagine your doctor has tapered a patient or patients off these medications who (for whatever reason/reasons) do not experience BIND (benzodiazepine induced neurological disfunction), so they think that all patients will be tapered easily. It’s simply a lack of both knowledge and experience on the part of the doctor. Obviously, one size does not fit all. 

I’ve been tapering 10mg valium for 18months (currently down to 3mg), however, each individuals taper will vary depending on tolerability. 

Whatever rate you were tapered, you are now 18 months off, and although you feel you aren’t yet experiencing any improvement, or windows, you are well on your way, and complete recovery may only be just around the corner. As @[de...] mentioned, not everyone experiences windows, instead, waking up one day feeling completely healed. You should feel confident that your day is well on its way. 

WS