Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Electrocuted

[Wi...]

Does anyone else feel electrocuted? I feel so alone with these symptoms. I feel electric energy in all my major nerves from head down my spine branching into my limbs. I get overstimulated and can barely move when it flares. It even burns during flares. Sometimes I will get inner vibrations too but it’s not the same feeling. 

@[Wi...] I do not have any of those feelings, but so sorry you do, I am sure that others will reply. From reading here at BB, many have had an electric feeling in their body. Stay Strong.💖Peace and Healing.

• Like 1

I have the burning brain like fire ants or hot lava in my cranial nerves. 
I also have the deep burning and electric nerve pain in my legs, neck, shoulders, and arms. My legs feel like a wild bear ripping the tissues. I also have the awful anxiety from the pain. 

The burning has been with me for 21 months; no windows. It’s excruciating pain. I’m so sorry you’re having to endure similar symptoms.  It’s just unimaginable that this is even  possible.  You are not alone. I hope you feel better. 🙏

6 hours ago, [[W...] said:

my brain and spreading.

Yes. Before I knew i was in withdrawal,  my first symptoms were on my left side of my head , then into my left shoulder,  and then down my arm.....over about 3 months....

Then the dam burst and I had whole body symptoms 

14 hours ago, [[j...] said:

I have the burning brain like fire ants or hot lava in my cranial nerves. 
I also have the deep burning and electric nerve pain in my legs, neck, shoulders, and arms. My legs feel like a wild bear ripping the tissues. I also have the awful anxiety from the pain. 

The burning has been with me for 21 months; no windows. It’s excruciating pain. I’m so sorry you’re having to endure similar symptoms.  It’s just unimaginable that this is even  possible.  You are not alone. I hope you feel better. 🙏

I am so sorry! I do have breaks but in the last month it is there a lot. It sucks ass. I hope it will heal one day but I am losing hope as I am getting worse it seems. I hope you finally find relief too! What a mess. 

10 hours ago, [[S...] said:

Yes. Before I knew i was in withdrawal,  my first symptoms were on my left side of my head , then into my left shoulder,  and then down my arm.....over about 3 months....

Then the dam burst and I had whole body symptoms 

How long has it been? Sorry, it sucks!

I've had withdrawal symptoms since February.  I was in acute in June and July. I guess I am protracted now. 

It does suck, but by my logic, I am improving or I wouldn't be writing this and reading a forum. 

On 20/08/2023 at 19:25, [[S...] said:

I've had withdrawal symptoms since February.  I was in acute in June and July. I guess I am protracted now. 

It does suck, but by my logic, I am improving or I wouldn't be writing this and reading a forum. 

While it sucks, it seems still early for you so there is definitely hope. I am long off psych meds but whatever f’d me up in the first place never healed and I got way worse by using other drugs (hormonal, antibiotics). I feel I might never heal :/  

I have this . It is a left over sxa from the akatyasia for me 

when the aka was high I felt this so bad 

now it’s like what u describe.

on the edge of a seizure 

for me it’s always followed by extreme muscle rightness and full body pressure but it starts with the nervous tickling energy running through my blood and brain that makes me feel like I will have a seizure. I do have convulsions still on and off after 9 months off

On 24/08/2023 at 12:11, [[M...] said:

I have this . It is a left over sxa from the akatyasia for me 

when the aka was high I felt this so bad 

now it’s like what u describe.

on the edge of a seizure 

for me it’s always followed by extreme muscle rightness and full body pressure but it starts with the nervous tickling energy running through my blood and brain that makes me feel like I will have a seizure. I do have convulsions still on and off after 9 months off

Yeah it’s something like this but I never had the severe aka, for me this is the worst it’s been. It does feel like I am about to have jolts or seizures when it’s at its worst. However, no adrenaline with this, just a weird pressure. 

• 3 weeks later...

Sooo I was doing better in the last few days of August and in September but yesterday another nasty wave hit me 🥵 I honestly hate this. I am a master of going between fully functional and barely able to move. I still have some mild symptoms when I am fully functional but there are symptom free hours or even a day here and there.

Yesterday I felt a bit off and when I went to bed this crap came on again. It started with RLS in my legs and I couldn’t sleep, I felt a lot of tension and pressure in my body. Then the tension was replaced with deep buzzing in my legs - tingling and pins and needles - feeling like they were going to go numb. Not the first time I have had it but I last had it about a month ago I think. Then after a few hours of broken sleep (first hard to sleep with this and then there’s my baby that wakes up for a feeding) the buzz went up and it’s in my entire back from the back of my head to my feet. Haven’t had adrenaline surges but this buzzing is hard to stand. Like a hive of bees. Again like I am about to have a seizure or some weird jolts and shivers down my back. And I am really overstimulated, which is not a problem at all when not in a wave. 

Duck this! 🦆 On such days I just struggle a lot and feel like my life is slipping away from me only to grab it back again after a while. It’s like being thrown off a cliff and getting caught just in time and taken up again. Rinse and repeat. I am obviously happy I do have good days but this whole process is just a harrowing experience I wouldn’t wish on anyone. 
I hope you guys are doing better.

@[Wi...] hang in there, you have a good attitude and that will help you to keep on grabbing your life back, I love how you said that, a true Warrior, with fight in your bones. It is so important to feed our brains with good and not always succumb to dread and negative thinking, there is a quote somewhere, "We are what we think". Enjoy your good days, and make the most of the not so good days, one day you will be healed and life will be yours again. Stay Strong.

💖Peace and Healing.

4 minutes ago, [[b...] said:

@[Wi...] hang in there, you have a good attitude and that will help you to keep on grabbing your life back, I love how you said that, a true Warrior, with fight in your bones. It is so important to feed our brains with good and not always succumb to dread and negative thinking, there is a quote somewhere, "We are what we think". Enjoy your good days, and make the most of the not so good days, one day you will be healed and life will be yours again. Stay Strong.

💖Peace and Healing.

Thank you. I cherish the good days. However, on days like today it’s just pure survival. Now the buzzing has been replaced with caustic deep burn in my body, it changes quickly but I guess not quickly enough. 

Yes I do, when anything stresses me out, like a sudden loud noise. We live next to the freeway so I hear loud cars motorcycles etc. It goes up the mid section and is usually quite painful. But as well, I often have that "butterflies" in the stomach feeling.

I know it's rough going. So, so sorry -

44 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Yes I do, when anything stresses me out, like a sudden loud noise. We live next to the freeway so I hear loud cars motorcycles etc. It goes up the mid section and is usually quite painful. But as well, I often have that "butterflies" in the stomach feeling.

I know it's rough going. So, so sorry -

I have the butterflies too but less often. This electricity feeling is different, hard to describe. Sorry you are in the thick of it!

2 hours ago, [[W...] said:

Thank you. I cherish the good days. However, on days like today it’s just pure survival. Now the buzzing has been replaced with caustic deep burn in my body, it changes quickly but I guess not quickly enough. 

:hug:

• 3 months later...

Hi there. 
How are you ?

for me this symptom flared up again but more severe than before 

it feels like I am in the edge of a seizure like all is tense and chronically contracted, cannot move at all. 
Its between being stiff and pressure everywhere and being paralyzed. 
i hope it’s better for you now ♥️

I have all sorts of weird things like pressure in my CNS today but it keeps coming and going for me. When it’s bad it feels like some seizure building up but I do have acceptable and good days too so it’s very up and down for me. It feels almost surreal I can go between those states so quickly.