Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Methods to alleviate withdrawal symptoms.

[to...]

I am currently undergoing micro-tapering with a daily reduction of 0.01 mg. My current dosage is 2.9 mg of Sercine. I'm experiencing withdrawal symptoms such as a cloudy mind and discomfort. Are there any ways to alleviate these symptoms?

• Like 2

Hello @[to...] and welcome to BenzoBuddies!

The best advice I can give you is one I used, sometimes day and night, distraction. I had my “bag of tricks”, such as easy going movies and books, puzzles, crosswords and scrabble. I used white noise as well and tried to get outside a little bit each day. All of these things helped keep me from ruminating about the withdrawal symptoms. It’s hard not to make them important, front and center, but distracting will help. Although difficult for me, acceptance and patience was also key.

We’re here for you, we understand the process. It is doable. :smitten:

• Like 2

Yeehaw, check this out @[ia...] , just got this site link from @[Li...] I'd seen this site 5 months ago but got overwhelmed, or something, but now you'll have to have it if you don't already!!

Here's a link to the part where they talk about Nutrition, https://withdrawal.theinnercompass.org/page/role-nutrition-optimizing-healing-during-psychiatric-drug-withdrawal-0 but just tons of info it looks like ;) Denise :smitten:

1 hour ago, [[i...] said:

Hi @[to...], I have a couple questions for you. You mentioned you're on Sercine... from my minimal research, this is a wound/infection resistant medication. Is that correct? Just to clarify, are you on sertraline? I think that's an SSRI. 

I have tapered off both benzos and SSRIs. With BOTH… the things that helped me tremendously taper off, was: 1. Dialing in my diet to CLEAN foods. Cut out processed/refined sugar. Anything that comes out of a box/can etc. has been off limits for me for awhile. Eating fresh fruit, veg and fish has been a complete game changer. 2. Supplementing (magnesium, multi-vitamin, grapeseed, lemon balm etc.) There are many other supplements – I’d be happy to share, just DM me.

Thank you very for for offering to help this new member. Please remember that DM’s are to be used for friendly chit chat and not for discussing withdrawal. This includes suggesting supplements. Those of us who have been around the forum for years know that supplements have mixed results. What works for some doesn’t work for others. That is why it’s important to get a wide variety of opinions on the open forum. 

Thanks in advance for following forum guidelines.

pianogirl

• Like 1