Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Help

[Ch...]

If I asked for 0.5 mg tablets I will need so many pills to be at my 2mg dose. My psychiatrist is against tapering now. He said not the right time. Please help 

@[Ch...] The first thing I would ask you to do is to try not to panic about your lack of knowledge relating to coming off these medications. We can educate and guide you through it. 

Secondly, I would ask you to post your request for help with tapering on the ‘Taper Planning and Adjustment’ board. That’s where you’ll receive the information and guidance you are seeking. 

I’m sure your doctor friend has the best intentions in wanting to taper you over 5 days, however, the fact that your doctor friend would even suggest this is a clear red flag that they have absolutely no understanding of the devastating withdrawal effects of these medications, nor the slightest knowledge on how to taper a patient in a manner that is safe. So please dismiss this as an option. You must taper slowly. 

We would suggest tapering at no more than 10% of each current dose, maintaining that 10% reduction by continually recalculating it from your remaining dose before each reduction… therefore, each reduction remains at 10% of whatever dose you’re on before each reduction. You may even need to taper at a lower percentage than 10%, possibly even 5%.

Remain on your current 2mg dose daily until we’ve laid out a plan for your taper, including discussing options to make your reductions accurate. We will talk through this on the Taper Planning and Adjustment Board. 

I have to go out right now, but will go through a few other things with you as soon as I can. Just hold tight. 

We will educate and help you through this, Chantal. 

wS 

@[Ch...] I now see you’ve already posted on the Taper Planning and Adjustment board. I looked earlier, but for whatever reason, didn’t see it. 

Just keep asking questions on that board if you don’t understand any of the feedback you receive. You will learn exactly how to facilitate your own taper. Just don’t be scared to ask questions over and over again if you don’t understand something. 

WS

On 17/08/2023 at 23:08, [[W...] said:

@[Ch...] I’m so very sorry for the situation you find yourself in, Chantal. 

We can certainly help you with taper guidance here. 

Are you saying you had a seizure whilst maintaining your 2mg dose?

I read one of your previous posts where you mentioned you can’t taper using liquid or scale… can you explain to me why these are not options? 

I don’t even know how to respond from your responses. Your site is so difficult I am so confused. I can’t respond I can’t find the previous post to help me. Please guide me. You are my only hopd to surviving 

16 hours ago, [[W...] said:

@[Ch...] The first thing I would ask you to do is to try not to panic about your lack of knowledge relating to coming off these medications. We can educate and guide you through it. 

Secondly, I would ask you to post your request for help with tapering on the ‘Taper Planning and Adjustment’ board. That’s where you’ll receive the information and guidance you are seeking. 

I’m sure your doctor friend has the best intentions in wanting to taper you over 5 days, however, the fact that your doctor friend would even suggest this is a clear red flag that they have absolutely no understanding of the devastating withdrawal effects of these medications, nor the slightest knowledge on how to taper a patient in a manner that is safe. So please dismiss this as an option. You must taper slowly. 

We would suggest tapering at no more than 10% of each current dose, maintaining that 10% reduction by continually recalculating it from your remaining dose before each reduction… therefore, each reduction remains at 10% of whatever dose you’re on before each reduction. You may even need to taper at a lower percentage than 10%, possibly even 5%.

Remain on your current 2mg dose daily until we’ve laid out a plan for your taper, including discussing options to make your reductions accurate. We will talk through this on the Taper Planning and Adjustment Board. 

I have to go out right now, but will go through a few other things with you as soon as I can. Just hold tight. 

We will educate and help you through this, Chantal. 

wS 

I don’t even know how to respond to post. I don’t know how to get back on the Taper planning board. Is there a tutorial for your site?  Very hard to understand 

@[Ch...] scroll back up to the top of this page and look for the word  ‘HOME’ on the left hand side under ‘BROWSE’. If you only see BROWSE, tap on it and then you should see the word GROUPS underneath BROWSE, and directly under that you will see HOME. Tap on HOME and it will take you to the home page. Scroll down and you’ll see the section SUCCESS STORIES, TAPER PLANNING AND ADJUSTMENT, WITHDRAWAL AND RECOVERY SUPPORT, and PROGRESS LOG. 

Tap on TAPER PLANNING AND ADJUSTMENT and look for your thread. Once you are on the thread, then tap FOLLOW at the top right of the thread so you will be notified ( in notifications) of any future replies to your thread. Notifications are the little bell next to the envelope at the top of your page.