Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Help

[Ch...]

I need help. Been on klonopin since 2008. At 2 mg now. I am scared to death. I am have signs of tolerance constant headaches poor vision. I called a doctor on the benzo coalition and this was a joke. Please help. I think I had a seizure the other night 

• Like 2

Can you find a doctor who will prescribe Klonopin at all without knowing you want to taper?   There are plenty in my area who will prescribe, but maybe that's changing.  

I started benzos before 2008 and started tapering from 2 mg Klonopin in 2021.  It hasn't been that bad, although I have the symptoms you have.  I know it could be much worse.  Try not to panic.  If you could just find someone who will prescribe Klonopin, you can start tapering on your own with the help of the forum.  I hope that's okay to say here.🙈

• Like 1

@[Ch...] I’m so very sorry for the situation you find yourself in, Chantal. 

We can certainly help you with taper guidance here. 

Are you saying you had a seizure whilst maintaining your 2mg dose?

I read one of your previous posts where you mentioned you can’t taper using liquid or scale… can you explain to me why these are not options? 

Hi @[Ch...] Welcome. You're in the right place and among people who understand and are here to support you. I echo everything @[Gl...] shared. Finding a perscriber who minimally get you your medication - so you can have some peace of mind. Once you get your medication, the forum can help work with you to develop a taper plan.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, [[C...] said:

I need help. I just talk to a doctor friend of mine and he wants to detox me in 5 days. 

Chantal:   So glad you reached out.   Detoxing in 5 days sounds way too fast.  Have you been on 2 mgs since 2008?   Can you give us a little more information about your situation?   There are lots of people here who can help you with a taper plan.   @[Wi...] asked you about a liquid taper.   Is there a reason you are unable to do this?   The doctor who wants to detox you in 5 days, do they have experience with benzo withdrawal?   

Been mostly on 1 mg. Up to 2 mg. I can do taper liquid taper because I travel for work. I am in an airplane all the time. I am divorced and I need to work. This pill destroyed me. Please help 

If you decide to taper down, you might be able to ration out your tapered dosage before you travel, i.e. you could use a weekly pill organizer and pack it with doses that you weighed on a scale at home prior to travelling.

Whatever decision you make, you can get through it. Hundreds of people on here have done it, and most of us have made a ton of mistakes along the way. I'm sure you can come up with a plan that works for you, and we're here to help.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

If you decide to taper down, you might be able to ration out your tapered dosage before you travel, i.e. you could use a weekly pill organizer and pack it with doses that you weighed on a scale at home prior to travelling.

Whatever decision you make, you can get through it. Hundreds of people on here have done it, and most of us have made a ton of mistakes along the way. I'm sure you can come up with a plan that works for you, and we're here to help.

Right now, don't worry about navigating the website.    Are you familiar with the Ashton Manual?  If not, google it and look through it.  It will have some tapering schedules that are very easy to follow.   

Chantal:

At the most you should only go down 10% each time you taper.    In this case 1/8 of a pill would be 12.5%.   Of course, 1/4 is a 25% taper which is way too much.  I believe you will need a scale and then you can prepare these before you have to travel.  Is that possible?

Does it has to be exact? I have no idea how to do. Like I say. I even have a hard time responding or following the site 

With a pill cutter can I try to cut the 1/4 in 1/2. Would be 1/8?  Not good with math. Please help. I can’t detox in 5 days 

I am desperate guys. Please help me. My anxiety right now is through the roof. I am alone I live alone. No family or friends 

@[Ch...] coming off in 5 days in my opinion and more than likely the opinion of many that have been on Benzos, is a recipe for disaster. For some reasons many doctors either don’t know that fast tapering is horrible or they know and don’t care, they just want the benzo out of your system.. I recently did just that in a hospital and when I got out, I felt like I’ve Never felt in my life.  Shaking, anxiety and nervousness beyond belief, A few nights, I wasn’t sure if I was dreaming or awake and I thought I was transported to a different dimension.  Some really crazy stuff.  This is just my recommendation I’m not a doctor, but I would taper very slowly like over a year if you can get back on to stabilize yourself 

I don’t know how to taper. Do I just cut my 1mg in 4 pieces?  I travel for work. I thought I found a doctor that could help me on the benzo coalition but turned out not really just a PA that does not know. Dr Nesseti was the doctor listed on the coalition but I guess does not practice. Very confusing. 

Google the Ashton manual. I understand it has helped many people with a slow gradual taper.   I’ve never tried it, but I probably will when I decide it is the right time to come off Klonopin.   I’m sure there are many other sources that are helpful.  Others in this forum probably know much more than I do

I don’t know how to taper. Do I just cut my 1mg in 4 pieces?  I travel for work. I thought I found a doctor that could help me on the benzo coalition but turned out not really just a PA that does not know. Dr Nesseti was the doctor listed on the coalition but I guess does not practice. Very confusing. 

3 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

@[Ch...] I'm so sorry you're going through this. I know it is very frightening.

Cutting a 1 mg pill into 4 pieces will give you 0.25 mg per piece. If you took 3 of the 4 pieces at a time, you would have reduced your dose by 0.25 mg and you would be taking 0.75 mg. That's kind of a big reduction. A smaller cut would probably be better. It gets really hard to cut those pills though. The Clonazepam (Klonopin) comes in smaller doses. I'm tapering using a 0.125 mg Orally Disintegrating Tablet (ODT). The ODT also comes in 0.25 mgs. And you can get the regular pills in 0.5 mgs. It would be easier for you to reduce your dose by smaller amounts with a lower dose pill. If that is something you can get, it would sure help. I hope this makes sense.

I believe what we have found is that the best way to reduce our doses is by no more than 10% each time. Maybe someone better at explaining this can help you with the numbers? I know it can be confusing!

Jess

• Like 1