Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

How would you do it? 3 months on.

[Ha...]

I've been on Klonopin for a little over 3 months, were i the first 9 weeks were on 1.5 mg and then had to up it to 2 mg because of tolerance. Anyways, how would you guys get off this with as little pain as possible? Maybe cut .25 mg once a month and then do a cross-over to Diazepam the last 1 mg going even slower, were i decrease like 10% every 3-4th week? Or do you believe that i could go faster than this, seeing that i haven't been on it for that long?

Hi @[Ha...] and welcome!

If you had already hit tolerance, it's likely you will need to taper off slowly at 5 to 10% every two to four weeks. You could try going faster, but if it were me, I would start more slowly and speed up from there. Do not start with a big cut you'll likely have much trouble recovering from.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, [[h...] said:

Hi @[Ha...] and welcome!

If you had already hit tolerance, it's likely you will need to taper off slowly at 5 to 10% every two to four weeks. You could try going faster, but if it were me, I would start more slowly and speed up from there. Do not start with a big cut you'll likely have much trouble recovering from.

Thanks for your reply! Since the lowest dose the pills come in is .5 mg with a score so that one can get 2x2.5 mg from it, how would you recommend me getting those numbers (0.1 or 0.2 mg?). I know that some people cut and weigh, but is that really a reliable method? I mean, the active substance isn't evenly distrubated across those .25 mg pieces, are they?

I don’t know the answer to if the API is distributed evenly or not but my gut says it is. They don’t mix the filler and api individually for each pill. I’m sure they make large batches of ingredients and then using volume for accuracy press the pills. I would assume they mix these batches thoroughly before making pills. It would be impossible to ensure the same ingredient in each pill if they made them one by one with how small a percentage the API is per pill. I don’t know this for sure but it seems like common sense.

8 hours ago, [[H...] said:

Thanks for your reply! Since the lowest dose the pills come in is .5 mg with a score so that one can get 2x2.5 mg from it, how would you recommend me getting those numbers (0.1 or 0.2 mg?). I know that some people cut and weigh, but is that really a reliable method? I mean, the active substance isn't evenly distrubated across those .25 mg pieces, are they?

Hi There @[Ha...],

I don't know where you are, but Clonazepam is available in a 0.125 mg Orally Disintegrating Tablet. They're pretty easy to cut, too. They don't crumble apart like the regular pills. That's what I'm using for my taper.

Jess

8 hours ago, [[J...] said:

Hi There @[Ha...],

I don't know where you are, but Clonazepam is available in a 0.125 mg Orally Disintegrating Tablet. They're pretty easy to cut, too. They don't crumble apart like the regular pills. That's what I'm using for my taper.

Jess

I'm in Sweden, so i can hear with my doc if there's a way to get that if i were to get rough withdrawals, but from what i've gathered, it's nit certain that it will be all to painful, since i've been on it fir such a short time and will go slow, so really crossing my fingers for that!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, [[H...] said:

I'm in Sweden, so i can hear with my doc if there's a way to get that if i were to get rough withdrawals, but from what i've gathered, it's nit certain that it will be all to painful, since i've been on it fir such a short time and will go slow, so really crossing my fingers for that!

@[Ha...] I hope it's not too rough for you, too. I'm sure there are many people who get off the benzos with no problem at all, but they never show up here BECAUSE they're not having issues. So, we don't really hear about the GOOD tapers! I'm crossing my fingers for you, too!!

Jess

4 hours ago, [[J...] said:

@[Ha...] I hope it's not too rough for you, too. I'm sure there are many people who get off the benzos with no problem at all, but they never show up here BECAUSE they're not having issues. So, we don't really hear about the GOOD tapers! I'm crossing my fingers for you, too!!

Jess

Thank you! Yeah, that's true, that's why benzo forums are kinda just filled with horror stories (same with SSRI's), and from what i've read the past days, i'm not surprised, because many wean off their benzo way too fast, or even try to CT, get back on it and then get the kindling effect.

• Like 1