Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Disabled physical sxs looking for HOPE from those recovered

[Ma...]

How many people who were disabled and bedbound/ housebound

( muscles issues not able to walk dystonia tight muscles , weakness, cement body , cement legs, lead in body , trouble breathing , pain pain pain) 

are RECOVERED? 

please give us severe sufferers some hope and leave a message 🦋

Are you still tapering? Or off benzos?

I dealt with tons of this stuff early in my taper. My muscles always felt tight and I had extreme fatigue all the time. I slept a lot and dealt with a lot of air hunger.

Ive been benzo-free for over 3 years and I'm not 100% healed yet but doing way better. I still deal with air hunger at times but in terms of muscle issues and fatigue I'm way better. I actually work out now and exercise. I wasn't able to even walk properly in the past.

You'll get there too. It'll take some time though.

Thank you so much ♥️
did your muscles contract also? Like being in a different posture your body comtroting? My muscles are so big in my shoulder area from contractin all the time. Tongue spasming everything feels like concrete . 
Walking same. Cannot walk

2 hours ago, [[g...] said:

Are you still tapering? Or off benzos?

I dealt with tons of this stuff early in my taper. My muscles always felt tight and I had extreme fatigue all the time. I slept a lot and dealt with a lot of air hunger.

Ive been benzo-free for over 3 years and I'm not 100% healed yet but doing way better. I still deal with air hunger at times but in terms of muscle issues and fatigue I'm way better. I actually work out now and exercise. I wasn't able to even walk properly in the past.

You'll get there too. It'll take some time though.

This is good to hear.  I am 10.5 months and the level of muscle tension and pain I deal with on a daily basis is absurd.  The neurologist tried to diagnose me with Stiff Persons Syndrome but my blood test came back negative.  No surprise.  Any sort of physical activity, even walking a 100 meters or so, revs it up really badly. 

I also have EXTREME fatigue.  I got violently fatigued and tired.  I’m pretty sure that’s just my body getting worn out from the torture cage that is my muscular system.  

Glad you’re doing better.  I just want to be able to go on a walk without having to worry about my body locking up. 

I had uncontroable arm moments the first 6-8 months of my withdrawal, i also had minor muscle tics/movements in my calfs and some tongue moments. But it all went away. But I didnt introduce another med or anything, i thought it was best to give my brain time to heal. Hope this was of some comfort to you. All the best to you.

• Love 1