Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

49 months off of all drugs, suffering terribly

[dp...]

Thanks Pamster,

I would love to join the protracted area, once it's ready. Don't wanna scare the newbies and feel protracted is not just wd but brain damage. 

• Like 1

On 15/08/2023 at 10:27, [[d...] said:

My food sensitivities aren’t GI related. I’ve had bouts of serious constipation but that wasn’t caused by foods. 

Certain foods tend to rev up my symptoms more, the main ones being anxiety, insomnia, muscle tension/pain and weird nerve activity.  I don’t want to name those foods here so not to worry people about what they’re eating, but they are foods high in glutamate and sugar.  I will say avoid MSG if you can.  A lot of people mention that foods high in histamine give them problems but that hasn’t affected me as much.  

Ok, I'm good with all those types as I eat very, low-carb, and no sugar, no MSG.  The only one I don't want to ever have to give up is dairy, but even that I've cut back on do to a PND issue.  Found that is "only" from my sinuses, not from my stomach, which they call Silent Reflux.  It's when your food, I guess isn't digesting properly and comes back up your esophagus into your throat, but the "silent" means you don't feel the burn like with acid reflux.

Anyway, much appreciate you help, Denise(y):smitten:

15 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

Thanks Pamster,

I would love to join the protracted area, once it's ready. Don't wanna scare the newbies and feel protracted is not just wd but brain damage. 

I am glad for the "protracted" stories because I never really thought it was going to take me a short time to heal, and since I'm older, with other issues I didn't have any unreasonable expectations.  I already am having more quality of life just from being around others that understand and are so willing to help us newbies ;)  I'm also glad for you to have your own board, but I hope you will still know how important you are to this newbie ;) and many more I'm sure, Denise :smitten::hug:

@[dp...] I’m just going to leave you a couple of links. One is to a reply I made on another’s post regarding MCAS, and the other is to a breathing technique I’m using to calm mast cells. Regardless of whether you have destabilised mast cells from constant stress through your withdrawal process, or if it’s just the need to learn to calm your CNS, I encourage you to read both links. 

I did two hrs of ‘resonant breathing’ in bed yesterday afternoon to calm my internal shaking and digestive symptoms (burning, chronic burping, gastric reflux, bloating) and it stabilised the mast cells throughout my body. It stopped the release of histamine throughout my body and calmed everything down. All internal shaking resolved about 1 hour into the practice. 

We often live in a state of panic and fear for such a long time that it (in a way) becomes our default setting. When we are in this state, we are actually in levels of the fight or flight response, constantly. Healing doesn’t take place in the fight or flight response, or at the most… it’s very slow, it actually takes place in the Rest and Digest state, so some of us need to spend time using techniques such as breath work (Resonant Breathing), yoga, * meditation (* if possible), exercise (even walking) to move ourselves back into rest and digest, or at least the lower levels of fight or flight where healing can take place more easily. 

Make these daily practices, or at least do the resonant breathing practice daily. It will teach you to calm your CNS naturally. It will empower you. 

* Wasn’t able to copy and paste the link, so, for an in-depth explanation of the Resonant Breathing Technique (how and why it works), go to MCAS360, and type resonant breathing in to the search bar. It’s the first article. 

As I said… I’m not suggesting you have mast cell activation syndrome, although it’s certainly possible, even probable that your mast cells are easily destabilised given what you’ve been through… but, more to the point, breathing practices will teach you how to calm your nervous system naturally, and if there is mast cell activation, it will help stabilise them and help you get back to, or closer to, a rest and digest state, which will remind your body of its natural state and help you heal. 

WS

I felt the same without an SSRI. I need an SSRI. Why did you stop the prozac? I know most people want to quit everything and I do too / I did too. But I need my SSRI. Without it my joints ache, sleepless, intrusive thoughts, stomach pain, misery..

I am not suggesting you stay on an SSRI. You know you best and I would never want anyone on an SSRI if there is any other option. But for me, I have tried on and off, everything, . Personally, I need an SSRI

I hope you find your way

• 3 weeks later...

This is six month and I’m broken nauseated all day long headaches Loss if muscle hair loss reflux body aches agoraphobia so thirsty and skin changes blurred vision the list goes on dr says I’m depressed and tried to give me antidepressants yes I’m depressed I’ve lost everything looks friends health etc nothing tastes right 

I Feel like I am dieing I don’t have hardly anything snd all I can think of is the stress that got me on that stuff the sr that prescribed numerous at one time- I’m so tired to just exhausted and not sure what to do 

I hate to say it, but 6 months in this crap is still very early. I was having extreme symptoms at 6 months that did eventually calm down quite a bit over the years. I too was suffering severely, to the point of barely hanging on, completely bed bound.

It's not like that anymore. It does get better, slowly. Hang in there.

On 02/09/2023 at 12:56, [[A...] said:

This is six month and I’m broken nauseated all day long headaches Loss if muscle hair loss reflux body aches agoraphobia so thirsty and skin changes blurred vision the list goes on dr says I’m depressed and tried to give me antidepressants yes I’m depressed I’ve lost everything looks friends health etc nothing tastes right 

I Feel like I am dieing I don’t have hardly anything snd all I can think of is the stress that got me on that stuff the sr that prescribed numerous at one time- I’m so tired to just exhausted and not sure what to do 

• Like 1

Help I feel so sick also have esophageal disorder now and this is six months I’m so nauseated blurred vision heart racing anyone else out there have this and 

menopause fun fun - I’m exhausted and it hurts to swallow (dysmolbity ) issues