Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

How Long to Stabilize

[mi...]

I was on Accord K for almost 2 years tapering from .5mg to .169mg successfully. I got switched to Teva, crashed, tried compounded liquid, got worse, back to Teva, even worse, and now on Accord again and holding for two weeks. It was about 8 weeks that I was without accord and in moderate to intense withdrawals even though my K dose was fairly consistent. We are all different, but what is a reasonable timeframe one should expect to stabilize back to baseline again in a situation like this. I was in a lot of distress for those two months, it wasn’t a CT but I was significantly symptomatic almost the entire time. My CNS is extremely sensitized. Should I be thinking months? Just looking for some educated opinions on my situation. I have symptoms I’ve never had before, these changes and reactions were horrific. I am noticing some improvements on Accord again but definitely still jacked up. GI stuff is bad, sensory issues, depression and DR/DP, confusion, brain hurts, jump at everything, constant crying, severe weight loss that hasn’t stopped (25lbs in two months), constant sweating, agoraphobia, burning skin etc. Prior to these changes I was virtually symptom free. Thanks for your feedback! 

Hi Mikey....I'm sorry you are going through this intense wave.   It is awful.    You will stabilize!     One questions for you...have you been tapering for two years from 0.5 to now 0.169?     

For me it took about a month one time to stabilize on my k dose after a very small reduction and getting hit with a bad wave.    I am currently in a 2 month wave and have held my dose these two months to stabilize.    I believe I am beginning to stabilize now after 2 months.   

Yes I’ve been tapering the entire time. Other than a few holds of a month or two I’ve constantly kept it at every 14 days. I’m holding now again because I feel so bad. My gut symptoms are all of a sudden crazy. I can’t bear it. I don’t know what’s going on. 

Ughh I’m sorry. I’ve been hit with the same stuff after being relatively decent this spring into June. I know I’m very low and could be that but just stinks bc it zapped confidence I had going into jumping. 

I held 7 wks last year when I was at .18mg and had issues (severe aka) and that helped. Hope things ease up fro you soon.

It seems so true that the lower you go on your dose, the more the reaction. When you're in a bad way, suddenly everything is bad and stuck and will never change. It's not true but that's what it sure seems like!

You're brilliant to hold. You've been super disciplined. Maybe your body is saying slow down a little more! :hug:

@[mi...] oh I’m struggling…. At .012mg and def in acute. I can eat some days thankfully and others are very hard. My body is super sensitive and I just don’t know if this is too high for me to jump or what. The dang PcCA thing makes me really wonder if that jacked with all of us around the same time bc I was decent and somewhat functional some days. Maybe it’s nothing to do with yhay multiple people having same symptoms when we all were ok just is hard.

I think you’ll def get better here soon…. Might be up and down but my gut stuff got a lot better below .125mg so just know it can and cope best you can -heating pad helped me day and night then cold packs sometimes also on my tummy, nausea wrist bands, Digize essential oil mixed with fractioned coconut oil and just a finger dab on my tummy. Very bland foods. Only drinking water. 
Sending hugs your way.

Hey @[mi...], I don't think it will take months, but your body was definitely confused and struggling to find that "stability" it had on the Accord before. I'm glad you were able to get back on Accord. Hopefully that will make all the difference.