Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Preparing for my first cut

[du...]

This Tuesday I am going to do my first Valium cut. I am currently on 5mg twice a day. Besides one or two days I have felt pretty decent this past month as long as I have walked the fine line of staying busy, but not over killing it. My doc wants to take me down to 4mg twice a day. I know this is a little outside the realm of AM 5-10% but I am wondering if anyone on here has any experience with a slightly steeper taper? I’m excited to start the taper process but scared as hell bc i tried to CT Ativan and after 3 days the pain was unbearable. Any conversation or advice would be welcomed thanks!

• Like 1

Hi, @[du...],

With your history (and anyone for that matter), I would suggest taking 4.5mg in the morning and 5mg in the evening.  This would be a 5% reduction and a good place to start.  Hold for 2 weeks and keep record of your symptoms and their severity.  Then re-evaluate your next step in taper from there.  It’s a lot easier to speed up a taper than slow one down.  Wish you the best!

• Like 2