Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Worse after sleep

[Da...]

Guys can anyone relate. Normally I barely sleep. On the rare day I get more sleep I’m so much worse. Worse pain. Worse aka. Worse brain fog. It’s terrifying. Does anyone else get this. Ty 

Well I get toxic naps for sure but this is in the night. If I sleep more than a couple of hours at night I wake in such a state. Or should I say a worse state. So weird 

Just a theory on this, but I always felt like the timing of waves/withdrawal symptoms were the reason I wasn't getting any sleep. I started to notice though that most of my good windows were during the day, which was convenient for going out into the world and trying to live a normal life before symptoms returned. This meant that most of my bad waves came at might and prevented me from getting any sleep.

However, sometimes I would randomly get great sleep, and then wake up feeling terrible. My theory is that it's just the timing of the waves: either you get to have a good day and a bad wave at night that keeps you awake, or you get to have a good night and wake up to new waves of symptoms.

If you're getting any sleep, that's a good thing. All sleep is good sleep, and it is giving your body time to actually heal. Unfortunately, I think some of us have to pay for that sleep on borrowed time, and means you're more likely to wake up to symptoms. All sleep is good sleep, so congratulate yourself for getting any at all. We can get waves at totally random times, so if you happened to get a window that allowed you to sleep, try not to worry too much about waking up to a wave, because that sleep you got was helping your body heal.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/08/2023 at 11:25, [[D...] said:

Well I get toxic naps for sure but this is in the night. If I sleep more than a couple of hours at night I wake in such a state. Or should I say a worse state. So weird 

Is your blood sugar dropping? Do you have to eat?

The absolute opposite for me.  In fact, I was just about to do a post asking people.  If I sleep well I feel like about 90-95% normal.  If I sleep poor, it’s all I can do to go for a walk and run a couple errands the next day.  

• Like 1

I've definitely had this and have posted about it before. It's such a weird phenomenon. Someone suggested that since our brains detoxify as we sleep, we might feel worse after a longer sleep (more detoxifing). I have no idea if that is right, but more sleep often makes me feel more toxic and ill. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[M...] said:

The absolute opposite for me.  In fact, I was just about to do a post asking people.  If I sleep well I feel like about 90-95% normal.  If I sleep poor, it’s all I can do to go for a walk and run a couple errands the next day.  

I guess I’m on both end of the spectrum. When I sleep I feel much better but lack of sleep and decent nutrition turns thing upside down. I can’t sleep if I don’t eat.