Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Klonopin tolerance and taper advice

[...]

I build tolerance to diazepam and taper it and quit,how long need time that diazepam helps again becouse I'm Still on klonazepam Also,8 months 0.5 cca and diazepam would help to taper klonazepam,,,do you have any other medication that could help with clonazepam taper,im on luvox Also🙈,bad English I know

Hello lav - welcome to BenzoBuddies!   I saw your other post too.  It looks like your withdrawal symptoms are getting worse now that you're down to .25mg and that you're thinking diazepam might be a bit easier to taper off.  Please tell me if I have that right or if I misunderstood you.  Are you thinking of crossing over from clonazepam to valium to finish your taper?  We have members who have done this but we also have members who have tapered directly off clonazepam.  

Are you currently taking diazepam? Please tell us more about your current situation.  

We'll be glad to help you plan the rest of your taper.

Brighterday

Tnx for answer,I am on diazepam 15 Years as needed,Year ago I was on alchocol rehab(not Drink anymore) and then they put me on zoloft and that was disaster and I stopted CT(big mistake),then I starter to take diazepam 5mg becouse morning anxiety and when that stop working they give me and clonazepam,then I was on bouth,last 3 months I'm on 100mg luvox who helped on the past but not this time,I tapered klonopin to 0,25 but last twi days I have take 0,5 becouse diazepam dont help(tolerance),and my goal is to wait to get stable and to not be on diazepam Also(becouse off build tolerance) and then try again,I have bought jewelry scale for micro taper,,,,,If you now how long If I dont use diazepam it can help again when Dark Times comes ,every sugestion is welcome,thank you

Last 18 months-1-8.2022-luvox 100,diazepam ass needed,--8-10.2022.-zoloft,diazepam 5-15mg daily--10.22.stop zoloft-diazepam 5-15 daily----12-2.2023.diazepam 10,klonopin 1mg,then lexapro 1 month,trintellix 2 months and tapering valium and klonopin,last diazepam take 6 days ago,I must lift klonopin becouse problem at work,I cant funkcion,last Year was a Messi🙏🙏🙏🙏

I see - You took diazepam off and on for 15 years. I may be wrong but I worry that you may have tapered off diazepam too quickly especially after going off Zoloft cold turkey. CT of Zoloft can be very rough on your nervous system.  I'm not surprised you've been feeling a lot of symptoms.  One possibility is to stay at clonazepam .5 for a few weeks in the hope that you stabilize.  It may take some time to stabilize - your nervous system has been through a lot.  Once you feel more stable you could then start a cautious taper off the clonazepam.  I'm sorry you feel you need to reduce or get off the clonazepam but I hope you will not rush this.  Tapering too quickly can cause you more trouble than it's worth.

I hope others will add their thoughts here too.

36 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

I see - You took diazepam off and on for 15 years. I may be wrong but I worry that you may have tapered off diazepam too quickly especially after going off Zoloft cold turkey. CT of Zoloft can be very rough on your nervous system.  I'm not surprised you've been feeling a lot of symptoms.  One possibility is to stay at clonazepam .5 for a few weeks in the hope that you stabilize.  It may take some time to stabilize - your nervous system has been through a lot.  Once you feel more stable you could then start a cautious taper off the clonazepam.  I'm sorry you feel you need to reduce or get off the clonazepam but I hope you will not rush this.  Tapering too quickly can cause you more trouble than it's worth.

I hope others will add their thoughts here too.

That is the way I am feeling,Like you describe,Like a mess,like I will need some time to stabilize,maybe I have tapered to quickly from diazepam but it is how it is,go back to diazepam im my view for now is not a option,patience Will be the key Here I think,tnx for your concerns and advice👍

Hello,I think I have tolerance problem with Klonopin,been on 1mg then taper to 0,25,obvieusly stay to long on 0.25 and now have trouble with tolerance,switched back to 0.375 in the morning but on the evening starts chest pain and I have sleeping issues,wakeing up too early,I have question,,, I lifted klonopin today to 0.5 and dont wont to go up anymore ,have anywone try to  take Short acting benzos(ativan,Xanax) just when withdrawall simptomps Are unbereble(two Times weekly),On my case valium isn't a option becouse I was on klonopin and valium and tapered valium becouse off tolerance,klonopin is complexed one,I have no problem to stay on benzos occasionaly but this day by day is Killing me

Oh lav, I'm sorry to hear you had to increase your dose, quite often decreasing the dose can help. How long did you hold at .25?

How long were you at .375, would it be possible to go back to that, then hold for a bit then begin your taper again?

Taking benzodiazepines PRN will most likely set you up for kindling, I wouldn't advise doing this.  Kindling - Benzodiazepine Information Coalition (benzoinfo.com)

I was tapered from 1 mg to 0.25 then stayed on 0.25 for 3 months,yes,you Are Wright this didn't help,I tapered from valium Also,taking valom every 5-6 days,I dont know have I problem with Valium or with Klonopin,I'm confused,tomorrow I go back to 0.375,last 2 days I haved very hard chest pain,maybe to go back to llitle valium,when I take larger doses od klonopin my head hearts,I'ts confusing,,,,,3months klonopin 0.25 and diazepam 1,25-2,5,,,,,,last month with using valom as needed trobles begins 

3 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Oh lav, I'm sorry to hear you had to increase your dose, quite often decreasing the dose can help. How long did you hold at .25?

How long were you at .375, would it be possible to go back to that, then hold for a bit then begin your taper again?

Taking benzodiazepines PRN will most likely set you up for kindling, I wouldn't advise doing this.  Kindling - Benzodiazepine Information Coalition (benzoinfo.com)

I was on 0.25, 3 months,and a little lower till 10 days ago,then mix off 0.5,,0,375,maybe I just need to put valim back,that 10 days maybe didn't mess me too badly,and larger dosage off klonopin dont help how is suposted to be,,my Doc is disaster so I must go by my own,,what you think

Do you have enough Valium to reinstate it, will your doctor support you going back on it long enough to stabilize and then to taper it?  

Your brain is craving consistency right now, whatever you decide to do, try to go slow enough to allow the medications to build up to full potency in your body.  As you know, Valium takes awhile to build up and I fear you'll not feel the relief you once did at .25 Klonopin and 2.5 Valium, your body has been through a lot and it will take some time for your symptoms to ease.  I'm unsure if you'll feel stable at those doses since you've made so many changes.

Can you clarify for me how often you used to take the Valium, you mentioned every 5 or 6 days, does this mean you only took 2.5 mgs about once a week?

10 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Do you have enough Valium to reinstate it, will your doctor support you going back on it long enough to stabilize and then to taper it?  

Your brain is craving consistency right now, whatever you decide to do, try to go slow enough to allow the medications to build up to full potency in your body.  As you know, Valium takes awhile to build up and I fear you'll not feel the relief you once did at .25 Klonopin and 2.5 Valium, your body has been through a lot and it will take some time for your symptoms to ease.  I'm unsure if you'll feel stable at those doses since you've made so many changes.

Can you clarify for me how often you used to take the Valium, you mentioned every 5 or 6 days, does this mean you only took 2.5 mgs about once a week?

Yes,2,5  twice a week,1  time  5 mg ,last 4 weeks

Please understand, I'm not suggesting you take 2.5 mgs daily, that would be a huge increase in your dose!  Am I to understand you've taken Valium since you tapered off of it, if so, was it only one time?

8 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Please understand, I'm not suggesting you take 2.5 mgs daily, that would be a huge increase in your dose!  Am I to understand you've taken Valium since you tapered off of it, if so, was it only one time?

Are you thinking about 2,5mg off valium?Only once I tapered from valium yes

Whatever you decide to do, I would suggest being consistent in your dosing.  It doesn't sound like you're in the right mindset to taper at the moment, sometimes its good to take a step back and focus on getting stable.  Then when you feel stronger, you can formulate a plan to taper off slowly and methodically.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Whatever you decide to do, I would suggest being consistent in your dosing.  It doesn't sound like you're in the right mindset to taper at the moment, sometimes its good to take a step back and focus on getting stable.  Then when you feel stronger, you can formulate a plan to taper off slowly and methodically.  

Yes,I understand,thx