Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Need support

[la...]

Hi guys

I'm struggling really badly right now.

I am thinking about going to rehab because I can't handle these symptoms on my own. I have my parents and they are really supportive but I'm day 30 off Zopliclone and a fast valium taper and I'm not sure I can do this.

I am so tired. I think about suicide every day. I don't want to die cause I believe in recovery and all I think about is my nephew and how much he would struggle without me around. 

I'm thinking of seeing a private pyschiatrist and maybe doing a slower taper on valium.

I just need some support.

Lauren

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, [[l...] said:

Hi guys

I am thinking about going to rehab because I can't handle these symptoms on my own. I have my parents and they are really supportive but I'm day 30 off Zopliclone and a fast valium taper and I'm not sure I can do this.

I am so tired. I think about suicide every day. I don't want to die cause I believe in recovery and all I think about is my nephew and how much he would struggle without me around. 

I'm thinking of seeing a private pyschiatrist and maybe doing a slower taper on valium.

Lauren

are you no longer on the medication, or any benzo right now? Try and put together here your history of benzo use so we know how long  you took how much.  That will help us a lot, to help you :smitten:I'll be around, and know some people here that know a lot more than I do, I'm pretty new myself, Denise

@[la...]first and foremost don’t do anything to harm yourself. You’ll leave pain behind for your loved ones and healing will take place we just don’t know when it will happen. If you feel like checking into a facility will save your life then absolutely do it. Just know that for most of us on benzos (US) our medical system isn’t well equipped to help us detox. I also tried to taper too quickly off of 1mg of Ativan and probably would’ve killed myself if it wasn’t for my mom and wife. I reinstated Valium and am due for my first cut on the 18th. I’m still miserable and suffering on Valium but I can see that life is worth living. I’m going to check back on this forum and hope to hear back from you. Let’s talk and figure out a resolution??? 

Lauren:  I am so sorry you are having such a difficult time.    Can you give us a little more information on where you are in your recovery?   Did you stop the Zopliclone and Valium at the same time?    Did you taper the Zopliclone?   There are lots of people on this forum who can help you think through some solutions.   I don't think rehab would be helpful at this juncture.   Reinstating the Valium and doing a slower taper might be helpful, but of course, I cannot give you medical advice.   Seeing a psychiatrist could be helpful especially if they have knowledge of benzo injury.   

Please know that you are not alone.   You will get through this!   It sounds like you are still in the acute phase of withdrawal; things will get easier with the passage of time.   Right now your job is to take one day at a time.   Having supportive parents is wonderful.   Please keep reaching out on this forum.   We are here to support you!   We have been where you are!    

@[la...] you are going through a really rough patch, doom and gloom, are part of the sx, but if you keep feeling like you want to harm yourself, please seek help right away. Your family and others would be so sad, it is good that you are thinking of your nephew, and if you can, please think of what you can do, to dig yourself out of the pit, that the benzo >:D has dug for you, use the strength I know you have, as all Benzo Warriors have it, we just have to dig sometimes to find it. Just take one second of a time, and try to find something to be grateful for...no matter how little. Also if your taper has been too fast, please slow down and allow your Brain to heal, it will thank you for it, in time. Stay Strong.💖 Peace and Healing.

17 hours ago, [[l...] said:

Hi guys

Lauren

Sorry to hear you are struggling,  I personally took my time coming off. Not sure how long you were on. I took 18 months to taper 15mg of Valium. It was a journey but I'm fully healed. Go easy on yourself.