Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Left side chest pain/sharp shooting pain around heart. Anyone else ?

[Mr...]

So a year and a half ago everyone in my area was either being abruptly cut or tapered (usually fast). Unfortunately at first I was cut quickly from klonopin from 4mg a day to 2mg to 1mg within just a couple weeks. I'm 29 and have been on 4mg daily for about 9 years so those massive cuts were brutal. It was absolute torture. Violent tremors, dangerously high blood pressure/heart rate. Heavy palpitations. Could feel them all over, in my hands, feet, head, and obviously in my chest. The hypersensitivity was overwhelming. A handful of people in a big store felt like 100 people screaming in my face. Panic that lead to bouts of passing out. Dizziness that felt like vertigo. As if I was in a constant free fall. Body/limbs would tighten up with unbearable aching. I tried to get help, someone to listen. They just threw sedatives at me and said get some sleep. Almost all of this was 24/7. Suicide felt like the only way out, but I didn't want to die, just wanted relief. Started drinking heavy, terrible decision I know, but honestly it probably saved me from committing to the other option. Long story short, ended up in a hospital for 5 days in February, haven't touched a drink since. Never had a problem with that before anyways. By sheer luck I was switched to another doc right after. Explained everything. They immediately increased the dose from 1mg a day to now 2mg a day and added a beta blocker which has been quite helpful. I'm somewhat more stable. It's bearable. But the chest pain and sharp shooting pains right where my heart is has been scary and more frequent. Imaging and blood tests have shown no concern regarding my heart. That was 3 months ago so I'm due to have it checked again, I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced chest pains like this or something similar. Kinda rambled my story here, sorry for the length. 

Hi - I occasionally get a very severe stabbing pain that you would swear is a heart attack! dizziness, floaty feeling and then hot and sweaty. Happens a fair bit to me and has really kicked in as I am CT from Diazepam. Not sure I have any suggestions but wanted you to know you are not alone and that others have had these horrible sensations....take care now...

12 hours ago, [[m...] said:

Hi - I occasionally get a very severe stabbing pain that you would swear is a heart attack! dizziness, floaty feeling and then hot and sweaty. Happens a fair bit to me and has really kicked in as I am CT from Diazepam. Not sure I have any suggestions but wanted you to know you are not alone and that others have had these horrible sensations....take care now...

Yeah that's the fear it provokes, sharp like needle to the heart feeling. Quite painful. Causes some brief panic. I can't think of what the specific term is but it's caused me to now be like constantly worried about a cardiac event happening. I can't imagine trying to go CT as my symptoms get very aggressive to even small cuts, thank you, wish you luck