Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Does anyone have fatigue so bad…

[dj...]

that you struggle to get off the couch, or out of bed, for days?  

I’m 10 months off benzos and for the 7th straight day, have had absolutely unrelenting fatigue that has had me glued to my couch for the most part.  I’ve made it out a few times to run errands and stuff, and to go to my son’s football game, the latter which set me back.  But, I have immediately ended up on the couch afterwards.  

I’ve also had ridiculous muscle tension and pain the past week so I have to think the two are linked.  I guess when my muscles are getting squeezed all day, it makes sense my body would try and shut down with fatigue. 

Like I said, I’m 10 months out but this issue has been getting a lot worse since Month 7 or so.  I’ve definitely had episodes where this lasted a day or two but then subsided.  I’m sure this inactivity isn’t good but when I do try and do things, it only ends up making it worse. 

Please help. 

• Like 1

Yes it's common, especially the first year. I had terrible fatigue for the first year and a half, and doing any kind of physical activity makes it worse. I've exercised my entire life so this was odd... any little thing would have me fatigued, bedridden, sore throat, tinnitus, swollen lymph nodes, barely able to walk, preferring dark rooms. I I was pretty much better for almost a year after but this summer has been a relapse with a terrible wave after contracting some kind of a stomach virus....and doing yard work in extreme heat...that put me over the edge and it's been lingering for a month, with some days completely bedbound. I'm beginning to think that the more severe benzo cases may cause ME/CFS, as it is accepted that viral, chemical, or any sort of traumatic exposure can trigger the disease.

Anyway, the windows do get longer with time, and the episodes won't seem quite as severe as when you began the WD, but it's a long-term process for sure. I'm 33 months and still dealing with fatigue, albeit not as bad as when this all started and I have much longer windows inbetween... so I have no idea if it ever ends or it's just part of life at this point. Most people's seem to end after a year or so, so maybe I am just lucky.

Thanks astromagick.  Well, it seems that awful fatigue finally decided to leave after a week.  I woke up at 4:30am super wired and anxious.  This stuff is so messed up.  I’ve had fatigue from the flu and other illnesses, but those were child’s play compared to this.    

• Like 1