Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Medication Induced Setback Support, continued ...

[at...]

Hi all and especially to those who posted in the old thread "Medication Induced Setback Support", I wanted to continue the content here.

It's getting to be close to 2 years since I last posted (I had just gotten the 2nd Covid vaccine).  Well, sad to say, I have not healed in the least bit.  After that vaccine I continue to get setbacks - missed trazodone dose, lasted 6 months; lidocaine shot  - brutal, 9 months; and two months ago, I had Covid!!  Still in the thick of that.  I deliberately stayed away because I did not want to be Negative Nellie, but man, I don't know how I'm still standing (barely).

Weird thing is that after each of my setbacks, I feel really good, as if I did a reinstatement.  Covid was no different; I healed from the infection in two weeks, then had about a month of feeling pretty decent - much better than pre-Covid - then deterioration.  It seems this is the way forward for me.

I still have to do that colonoscopy and now learned that I have several cavities (fortunately none too deep yet so perhaps I have some time to wait to do those).

Just wanted to continue this thread as I really looked to it for support especially in the early days when I thought I was dying (tbh, sometimes I still think I'm dying but now I have become blasé about it).

Hope you all are doing as best as you can.

Sorry! I also react to everything. I had a reaction to a hormonal drug exactly a year ago. It made me way worse than before. Then in November to an antibiotic. Again, worse than before. Felt terrible until rhe end of March. Had a window between mid April and the end of June (some days almost symptom free, most day doing ok and living my life) and in July I started feeling off and for the last two weeks I have been in a horrible wave. In May I had a c-section and many meds were used so maybe it’s a reaction to that. Or my hormones regulating, no idea. So scary!

Hello Willhealsoon.  I am curious as to what hormonal drug you took that you had a bad reaction to?   I have recently applied two doses, one last week then one this week, of estradiol cream inside the vagina for help in preventing any more UTI’s!   I feel pretty awful after the second dose this past Thursday and am wondering if I am having a bad reaction to the small amount of steroid in it.  I am very post-menopausal but seem to be very sensitive to many different different meds and foods.  I know you are much younger and just had your baby recently, so probably talking apples and oranges here.

I hope you start to feel better soon!!!!

GG

13 hours ago, [[G...] said:

Hello Willhealsoon.  I am curious as to what hormonal drug you took that you had a bad reaction to?   I have recently applied two doses, one last week then one this week, of estradiol cream inside the vagina for help in preventing any more UTI’s!   I feel pretty awful after the second dose this past Thursday and am wondering if I am having a bad reaction to the small amount of steroid in it.  I am very post-menopausal but seem to be very sensitive to many different different meds and foods.  I know you are much younger and just had your baby recently, so probably talking apples and oranges here.

I hope you start to feel better soon!!!!

GG

Hi! Sorry about your experience. For me it was clomiphene citrate to induce ovulation. It reawakened mild aka. I also had some immediate visual disturbances due to which I didn’t even finish the whole course but it was enough to make me worse than ever. I am still struggling a year later. But I did get pregnant the exact same cycle.

I am one year into a setback that put me on a downward spiral. Prior to the setback I was on the mend but then the hormonal drug (clomiphene) f’d me up in Aug 22. My original issues were from Cipro toxicity 3 years ago and then polydrugging (ADs, anticonvulsants and possibly benzos but either way Cipro does the same to GABA receptors as benzos and this is why I am here). I had a tiny wave every 2 weeks with some internal vibrations before the clomiphene. After taking it all hell broke loose. I got pregnant the same month, then in Nov I had to take an antibiotic and it made me so bad. I am still getting worse. November to March were very bad with Feb and March being the worst. But then it started lifting. I feel like the period between April and June was a sick joke. I felt I was healing. I was fully functional and started making plans and enjoyed being a new mom. I had been given many meds during labour and an emergency c-section in May and I didn’t react back then at all, but I started getting very bad again in July and the last 3 weeks have been a nightmare. I feel like with every bad wave I am just being pushed to the edge of a cliff and barely hanging on. Then a small window will let me walk away from the cliff. But then it feels that the next wave will push me off the edge. I have days with terrible symptoms and days with acceptable ones. Some days I can function, some days I feel almost normal but some days I just freeze because my body gets electric like a wire and jolts begin. I am not going to list my symptoms here as they are listed in my other posts. I am terrified I will never heal since I have seen zero improvement and I am only getting worse as the time goes by. What on Earth these drugs did to me… I feel I might not see my baby grow up. 

• 1 month later...

Was 5 yrs 8 months off. I was doing Ok around 80% healed. I still had fatigue. Some air hunger.

I took pepcid for 30 days. It has absolutley destroyed me. Much worse than my initial withdrawal. I devoloped akathesia which I never had before.

Extreme anxiety. Panic. Agoraphobia. All of a sudden i cannot leave my house anymore??? Im not a socially anxious person. I cannot go beyond my mailbox without severe panic attacks. (This happened overnight from taking pepcid).  i am swaying side to side. My dizziness is extreme. I have extreme ear pressure and now REACTING to all MEDICATION!. Even paracetamol.

Im destroyed. I have my wedding 12 months from now and I dont even think I can face it. I am too sick.

Ive just nearly pulled up to 6 years off benzos!!! I cannot believe this.

Sorry! Sounds rough, so many years out.  I am also not doing well. I am getting worse and worse. I got so many drugs during labour and it all caught up with me it seems because I was doing a lot better from April until the end of June from my original setback. I thought I was actually healing. I have no idea what’s in these drugs that they cause these issues… I hope one day someone actually finds out. 

You got worse after a while of taking pepcid? Or was it after you finished?

Edited by [Wi...]

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/10/2023 at 18:49, [[W...] said:

Sorry! Sounds rough, so many years out.  I am also not doing well. I am getting worse and worse. I got so many drugs during labour and it all caught up with me it seems because I was doing a lot better from April until the end of June from my original setback. I thought I was actually healing. I have no idea what’s in these drugs that they cause these issues… I hope one day someone actually finds out. 

You got worse after a while of taking pepcid? Or was it after you finished?

Sorry i didnt see your message. My apologies. Intially I was fine few days taking it. On day 5 i had a increase of intense anxiety for some reason.

I brushed it off. I kept taking it for a further 28 days but during this time I had this extreme headaches. Like actually extreme. Pressure headache type. Then i had this immense ear pressure start... was really weird

Then i went to the doctor and she gave me antibiotic ear drops. 2 days after that I was cooking dinner and BOOOM like a lightswitch I was sick.

I nearly called an ambulance. I was struck down with an intense panic attack out of the blue. It seemed to just destroy me. Ever since then I have been in HELL on earth. Its been 7 months now. And november 23 is when my 6year anniversary is.

Very discouraged. Dissapointed. Afraid and upset. Terrified.