Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

How much damage did I do?

[Go...]

I first came off the Klonopin in May 2022 for 30 days at a rehab.  Then started using again.  Then went off again for 45 days In August-Sept.  Then back on for two weeks.  Then back off in Oct-Nov., and started back up again Nov. 22.  Now I haven't have any bentos since 1/30.  My question is:  How much extra damage did those stop/starts cause?  I feel like I am seriously mentally ill, not just w/d from Klonopin.

• Like 1

There's no real answer to this. Stopping and starting is theoretically supposed to kindle your receptors, meaning your withdrawals will get worse each time. But I don't think you can judge as damage per se. 

I know you're going through hell at the moment and searching for answers. Torturing yourself about the things you've done. But it's done now, and no amount of thinking about it is going to change it. All we can do is push forward. People still heal after multiple WD's, it's not all lost. Just means you can expect a rougher time of it unfortunately 

@[Go...] we are all different, but stopping and starting can really confuse an already confused Brain, that is trying to adjust to cuts and post wd. I agree that it is done, go forward and just accept that you made a judgement in error. What we feed our thoughts, can make a difference in how we feel, so think about some pleasant things and just do the best you can. Letting go of something is best in your case. Most likely the medication changes may be causing you some mental sx. Stay Strong. 💖 Peace and Healing.

On 09/08/2023 at 16:12, [[G...] said:
I first came off the Klonopin in May 2022 for 30 days at a rehab.  Then started using again.  Then went off again for 45 days In August-Sept.  Then back on for two weeks.  Then back off in Oct-Nov., and started back up again Nov. 22.  Now I haven't have any bentos since 1/30.  My question is:  How much extra damage did those stop/starts cause?  I feel like I am seriously mentally ill, not just w/d from Klonopin.

The body can heal from terrible injuries. I had stops and starts and used alcohol. I thought I'd broken my brain. The symptoms were terrible. I'm fully healed now. It takes time but you will get there.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I don't know if you may have run across this on our old site, but it had such an effect on me and I've shared it many times in my 5 months I've been here.  He just goes into such detail on what happens in our brains.  It's very long, and may not have any answers for you on stopping and starting, but I think everyone can find something, maybe a lot of valuable insights on what benzos can do, and may do to all of us.

Here's the link, it's in the archives so you can't comment as far as I know but maybe something in it for you Matt.  I read it every once in awhile because I forget things easily, but I'm an optimist so I have lots of hope on healing anything that's been caused by a benzo :) Denise

https://benzobuddies.org/topic/223403-what-is-happening-in-your-brain/#comment-2944995