Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

xanax/lorazepam ct

[bl...]

Hey

What you do if he doesnt switch you to valium, is taper off lorazapam, it can be done other people have directly tapered and were able to get off, so try for valium, but dont let it freak you out it can be done either way.

Anti depressent well thats up to you,I'm not sure if it helps or not, I do know just because he gives it to you doesnt mean you have to take it :)

Take care

Bobers

Hi, Blick.  Just wanted to welcome you to the forum and put in my 2 cents worth.

I am doing a direct taper from lorazepam and while I certainly have my bad days after every cut, eventually things smooth out enough to make the next cut.  I have tapered from 2 mg to .75mg since early February.  I am a bit nervous about how I'll do cutting the lower doses and may decide to ask Colin's help with a tiration schedule.  But, so far, so good.  :yippee:

Are you located in the US?  If so, you may well have a problem getting your doctor to help you cross over to diazepam/valium. You could probably improve your chances by taking him a copy of a crossover and taper schedule and a copy of the Ashton Manual.  But, if he/she won't do it; don't stress over it.  A lot of us are getting off this junk with doing a crossover.  Just be sure to go slow and stay away from alcohol.  :thumbsup:

ps I've never been on a cruise but I bounce from one wall to the other when I walk down the hall and am otherwise rather unsteady (nearly fell into the bathtub last night!).  Like all other w/d symptoms, I expect this, too, will pass.