Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Muscle loss on scalp?

[mt...]

As I can't post on my old thread which is now readonly (https://benzobuddies.org/topic/266794-anyone-protracted-with-nonstop-disabling-muscle-wasting-since-their-taper/page/2/#comment-3439019), wanted to see if anyone here who has experienced serious muscle loss, has also experienced muscle loss on the scalp, neck, hands, fingers in addition to bigger limbs like arms legs etc. ?

It's unbelievable how everywhere this is affecting me one year and eight months since stopping the benzos...

On 06/08/2023 at 16:49, [[m...] said:

As I can't post on my old thread which is now readonly (https://benzobuddies.org/topic/266794-anyone-protracted-with-nonstop-disabling-muscle-wasting-since-their-taper/page/2/#comment-3439019), wanted to see if anyone here who has experienced serious muscle loss, has also experienced muscle loss on the scalp, neck, hands, fingers in addition to bigger limbs like arms legs etc. ?

It's unbelievable how everywhere this is affecting me one year and eight months since stopping the benzos...

Yes me, I don’t really know what to do, I’m still on 1.6 mg and can’t seem to taper anymore. Had to go to the ER on Monday, this is getting really bad! I’m at a loss at what to do! 

I have many many many more symptoms though too

have you managed to get down on the Trazodone at all? 

Yes me! I can feel my skin loose on my head when I wash my hair my forehead is significantly smaller and back on the head o can tell because my hair line is down much further too so I’m not crazy my eyes are sunken in too can’t feel them they are numb wasted muscles everywhere even in bottom on my feet and toes I’ve been off 11 weeks CT for K I don’t think I can do this much longer my body is wrecked 

On 12/08/2023 at 11:23, [[b...] said:

Yes me! I can feel my skin loose on my head when I wash my hair my forehead is significantly smaller and back on the head o can tell because my hair line is down much further too so I’m not crazy my eyes are sunken in too can’t feel them they are numb wasted muscles everywhere even in bottom on my feet and toes I’ve been off 11 weeks CT for K I don’t think I can do this much longer my body is wrecked 

hold down tight for a bit as you are still early in the process although I definitely feel your frustration and pain with these poisons

On 11/08/2023 at 15:59, [[W...] said:

Yes me, I don’t really know what to do, I’m still on 1.6 mg and can’t seem to taper anymore. Had to go to the ER on Monday, this is getting really bad! I’m at a loss at what to do! 

I have many many many more symptoms though too

have you managed to get down on the Trazodone at all? 

1.6 milligrams is a great progress though I was able to jump without much issues around .5. When I got below 1 milligram I couldn't tell the difference between one and .75 or .5 ; of course different people might react differently to dosage changes and determining when they are most comfortable to make the jump.

Yes I've been slowly going down on both Trazodone and pregabalin at the same time I'm not sure where this is leading to as my condition is deteriorating more and more and more, but for as long as I am above ground I'll try to wean myself off of these poisons which have wrecked my life

Oh I feel every little drop! 
my head feels like it’s going to crack open and the weakness is making it difficult to breathe, like hypoventilation etc. 

I stop breathing then my body takes over and I hyperventilate and then body crashes into a shock like symptom. This is the scary part. 

Just don’t get COVID again. It’s everywhere. ER was full of it. 

im struggling with food allergies and bad gut and gastroparesis. So it’s pretty awful. 

keep in touch. 

14 hours ago, [[W...] said:

Oh I feel every little drop! 
my head feels like it’s going to crack open and the weakness is making it difficult to breathe, like hypoventilation etc. 

I stop breathing then my body takes over and I hyperventilate and then body crashes into a shock like symptom. This is the scary part. 

Just don’t get COVID again. It’s everywhere. ER was full of it. 

im struggling with food allergies and bad gut and gastroparesis. So it’s pretty awful. 

keep in touch. 

Wow, lots of stuff going on; just take it easy and slow.

Regarding gut issues: I was able to minimize mine, especially bloating, gas and lots of belly fat gained, by working with a naturopath whom first did a GI map test and then created a diet that is based on that that. It helped some with the gut issues; not sure if this is something you've tried or maybe you want to give a thought..