Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

success stories frightening

[Si...]

Even if it's true, I'm sure you will make it. 

It wasn't supposed to be easy, you knew it, you got off the drugs and now fight n win however long it may take. 

• Like 3

@[Si...]i too get really scared thinking about the next year or two of my life being consumed by the endless about of WD symptoms that we all fear. However, I choose to believe that there are several people who after a few weeks are back to “normal”. My pcp is fairly benzo aware and he has mentioned that he has seen several patients get off them successfully after a healthy taper. As much as I love BB, I think a large portion of people are healed and don’t come back due to the trauma. Secondly I have developed a 1 year plan on things that I want, and have to accomplish… even in my darkest times I look at that list to make sure I am alive to see them through and that seems to help me a little. Kelp you’re head up my friend you’re not alone.

• Like 1

Baylissa suggests find 1 or 2 that you can relate to and are ENCOURAGING, just ENCOURAGING-save them, read them and leave the rest alone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, [[d...] said:

@[Si...]i too get really scared thinking about the next year or two of my life being consumed by the endless about of WD symptoms that we all fear. However, I choose to believe that there are several people who after a few weeks are back to “normal”. My pcp is fairly benzo aware and he has mentioned that he has seen several patients get off them successfully after a healthy taper. As much as I love BB, I think a large portion of people are healed and don’t come back due to the trauma. Secondly I have developed a 1 year plan on things that I want, and have to accomplish… even in my darkest times I look at that list to make sure I am alive to see them through and that seems to help me a little. Kelp you’re head up my friend you’re not alone.

Are you benzo free 

Just now, [[C...] said:

Are you benzo free

Unfortunately I tried a quick taper off Ativan and has the most unbearable symptoms. Currently on a really low dose of Valium and will cut on Tuesday the 15th.

On 06/08/2023 at 11:40, [[S...] said:

really, 2 or more years of this?  2 more years of unrelenting anxiety and no sleep?

is it true?

It sounds like a long time, but it will go quickly, and you will likely have windows and maybe increasing windows.  I just wish your dad was more supportive.   Going CT must be incredibly painful, and I feel for you.  You have been in my prayers. 

I've tapered slowly, and it hasn't been horrible, although it may get rough toward the end and afterward.  

[62...]

Hey, I'm protracted, I'm getting close to 4 years off and what I can tell you is although it takes many of us years to heal it's not all pure torture the entire time. Things get easier as the days go on, the waves lessen in intensity, duration and severity and life becomes... Manageable, even with symptoms again. 

I don't consider myself healed as I still experience lingering symptoms and mild waves BUT I function normally! I work, I take care of my family, I go out with friends, I travel, I enjoy alot of my life. Do I still have symptoms from this whole mess? Yes. But am I suffering anymore? Absolutely not. 

thanks its my time, did you have lots of anxiety and if so when did it go away?  I'm practically bed bound with anxiety (or restless rocking)

it's my only symptom - at least I have some other mild ones but I could deal with them for rest of my life.   I mean I also have horrific insomnia but that is caused by the anxiety.

On 06/08/2023 at 18:40, [[S...] said:

really, 2 or more years of this?  2 more years of unrelenting anxiety and no sleep?

is it true?

It's different for everyone. It took me around 12 - 18 months, Im fully healed and you will too.