Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Feeling like someone is Shaking my head.

[Sa...]

Hello Everyone, I am tapering off Bromazepam with Diazepam and When I close my eyes or lying in bed for sleep, it feels like someone is shaking my bed constantly. Is this a normal Side effect? Has this happened with anyone else too? I am too worried. I need emotional Support 😭😭

Hi Saad,

Welcome to BB.  I'm sorry you are experiencing this, and I know symptoms can be very scary.

When you say you feel as though your bed is shaking, do you mean you feel the shaking from outside of yourself, or are you experiencing this shaking internally making it feel as though your bed is shaking?  Internal vibrations are common in WD, and they can get very strong making it feel as though the surface you are on is shaking.  If you could maybe clarify how you are experiencing this sensation, that would help.

Warmly,

F

2 hours ago, [[F...] said:

Hi Saad,

Welcome to BB.  I'm sorry you are experiencing this, and I know symptoms can be very scary.

When you say you feel as though your bed is shaking, do you mean you feel the shaking from outside of yourself, or are you experiencing this shaking internally making it feel as though your bed is shaking?  Internal vibrations are common in WD, and they can get very strong making it feel as though the surface you are on is shaking.  If you could maybe clarify how you are experiencing this sensation, that would help.

Warmly,

F

First of all thanks for your reply bro, yes , I think these are internal vibrations. It happens too when I am sitting on table.

Just now, [[S...] said:

First of all thanks for your reply bro, yes , I think these are internal vibrations. It happens too when I am sitting on table.

This only happens when I close my eyes. It feels like eyes are moving too when closed.

I'm a bro-ess!  LOL

This is a common symptom.  It becomes more obvious, or we become more aware of it, when we are still and not distracted...depending on the severity.

If you could fill out your medication history in your 'About Me' section, we will be able to see where you are at.  In the meantime, internal vibrations are common and can be brought on by simply tapering, but can be also more intense if we are tapering too fast.

Recommended tapering schedule is 5-10% every two weeks...but, some need to go slower.  What is your tapering schedule at this time?  BB advises a symptom based taper schedule which simply means to listen to your body as you move forward.  If this is a symptom that has just started, you may want to look at how fast you are going.

But, just to make you feel better, this is normal, and is a common symptom.  I have it when I make a reduction to my dose.

Warmly,

F

26 minutes ago, [[F...] said:

I'm a bro-ess!  LOL

This is a common symptom.  It becomes more obvious, or we become more aware of it, when we are still and not distracted...depending on the severity.

If you could fill out your medication history in your 'About Me' section, we will be able to see where you are at.  In the meantime, internal vibrations are common and can be brought on by simply tapering, but can be also more intense if we are tapering too fast.

Recommended tapering schedule is 5-10% every two weeks...but, some need to go slower.  What is your tapering schedule at this time?  BB advises a symptom based taper schedule which simply means to listen to your body as you move forward.  If this is a symptom that has just started, you may want to look at how fast you are going.

But, just to make you feel better, this is normal, and is a common symptom.  I have it when I make a reduction to my dose.

Warmly,

F

Yes, I am on 5-10% tapering off. I just started tapering plan yesterday. I have been taking Bromazepam for just 12-13 months with low dose just 3mg a day that too for insomnia. BTW how long would it take for me to return to my normal life? because I have only left 3 semester to make my carrer. And yes I don't have any kinda emotional 😭 support too. And I live 3rd world country too which is not too progressive. And I am 20 years old.

May God help me.😭 Amen