Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Muscle mass, collagen

[Ma...]

I just read on another post about benzo belly. Do these affect your collagen as well? I've been chalking up my weight gain and skin laxicity to being 45. I've always looked very young and very petite. 

Same here, too.  I'm glad I'm not imagining this.  I look awful. Skin is saggy and crepe looking and you would never think I had good muscles at one time looking at me now.  It's a drag not being able to do much exercising to build back muscle mass.  I hope things improve.

@[Ma...] Yep, it looks like I've aged about 30 years, too.  The side effects of this are just unbelievable.  People just think I've been lazy and not responsible for taking care of my body and skin, etc.  If they only knew.

On 8/6/2023 at 3:00 PM, [[b...] said:

Did you guys loose all your muscles ?

Yes... Every... Single... Muscle. 

Even my hands are gone my friend. 

My leg muscles are as big as my kneecaps, I can't even feel my bicep, all I feel is the nerv and some fat tissue.. so... Yes my friend, I've lost every single muscle that I had, and I was not a tiny guy with zero muscles before. 

I've found nutrition, anti-inflammatory foods, low-carb, although I had a lot of loose skin after losing my extra weight so I was able to build back some muscle  I maybe had lost.  I've always had muscle, just very skinny.  Now I know I've built some, it's plain to see I am shaping up, but not wanting a lot, just toning with a bit of extra shape.  I am 70 so I don't think it's too late, not at that age anyway ;).  But also, I did find a very good mix for outer layer of skin, or maybe deeper into the layers, not sure.  I think most of our skin issues are either genetic, or are created by what comes from inside the body, what we eat, or don't eat.

I found an article in my supplement/alternative medicine forum some of you might want to try.  It's really kept my skin soft, and absorbs well.  It hasn't taken away the crepey skin, but it softens it at least, and looks better.  It may heal eventually, I don't know yet.  I use my fave body and face product, Cera Ve, but others, your faves, are fine.  Mine is just my present fave ;)  But I now add Grape seed Oil to my cera ve, I just squirt some into my just of Cera Ve and stir it up, then apply after my showers each morning.  Even at night when I am sitting around I notice my skin still feels soft so it must really absorb well. PS I do take collagen every day in my coffee (decaf).  I don't really see any benefits yet, and admit to being on it for about 3 months.  Maybe my hair is growing faster but I haven't grown a beard.  It's a 30 dollar brand but I am just not seeing benefit of it.

Edited by [or...]
I do take Collagen