Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Medical trauma/med injury - how to deal with future ailments?

[Wi...]

Hi. This for my other severely med injured folk. 

I wonder if anyone has found mindset or something that helps with this. 

I’ve been gaslit by the medical professionals and over medicated since my teens (not just psych meds, but all others as well) plus all the herbal remedies/vitamins I took and all the natural healers I went to to try and heal myself. Ironically I ended up getting worse and worse. The last drug I took was an antibiotic that caused a horrific setback 3 years ago and I’m still in it. It gave me severe aka and SI. 

It is safe to say that I am beyond done with the medial system and I would actually rather die than subject myself to their abuse anymore or risk the worsening of my aka in the future. I know it sounds very dramatic, but anyone who has lived through the suffering I have, would know that for me it is a matter of choosing the least worst option.

So how can we live with possible future ailments? How do we take care of our health when there is no one to turn to? No healthcare professional who understands severe med injuries (at least not in my country) and can help you SAFELY and naturally treat yourself knowing the risks that even common supplements have? No one we can talk this stuff over with when something comes up, like an infectionz How do we for example safely treat them without antibiotics? What if we need surgery? How do we live knowing that at any time the aka & SI could get worse?

I eat healthy and have lived a very natural lifestyle for a long time. I don’t subject myself to chemicals, caffeine, alcohol or crappy food. I protect myself from the flu or other illness. I know my herbal remedies but even they all have risks of causing a setback. However, life is still life and things might happen. 

I would love to hear from you, anyone who can relate. Thank you for reading this far. I know this was a long post. 

Hi Wildling.

I think all you have written is what many of us feel and fear much of the time.  I know I have these thoughts often.  I, too, have AKA.  I have not yet been placed in a situation where I have been set-back from medical treatment.  I am still tapering.  And, although many do come off and are able to tolerate treatments again, many find they cannot.  And, it does beg the question as to how to handle our health moving forward.

Unfortunately, I don’t think there is an easy answer to this.  I don’t think there is a ‘fail-safe’ way of preparing for what could happen down the line.  All we can do is handle things the best we can when something comes up if and when it does.  Look at our options, and make the best choices at any given time.  At some point, we have to trust life again.  We have to have faith that things will be okay and move forth with that mind-set.

Fear permeates everything when we have been so traumatized.  But, we can’t live in constant fear of being hurt or injured.  I’m still experiencing fear daily, and I’m not out the other side yet.  My hope is that when I am, I will not be in this state and I will be freed from my mind and body constantly being in the protect state.  There will be a time where I will have to trust that things will have positive outcomes rather than negative outcomes.  When my NS heals, I expect my perspective to return to a healthy state.  I will be far more careful and far more knowledgeable.  I will do all I can, and that’s all we can do.

I’m sorry I cannot offer more.  I do understand all you are expressing.

Warmly,

F

• Love 1

Just live a super healthy life, so that you require least medical care in future. 

I'm also traumatized like you, I wonder if I get admitted in hospital what will they do to me. So I do yoga meditation and walking to stay healthy.