Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Need help with idiot dr

[Fa...]

I tapered off Benzo's 2 years ago.. If you want the details, read my other post I just put up. But it has not gone well And I want to be put back on my medication. My problem is my Current Doctor will not prescribe it. Hes the idiot who took me off of it in the first place, causing multiple seizures and complete hell, due to him believing that colonipin has no withdrawal. The guy is a total idiot! but the hospital will not give me a new doctor on the grounds of A medication dispute. And because of the rural nature of my area, there's no other doctors other than at this hospital. Does anyonunknown if there's anything I can do legally or otherwise? I'm diagnosed p t s d panic disorder and have been suffering from agoraphobia since being taken off. Life has become unmanageable. So what can I do? Is there any recourse against the doctor who's just An idiot who does not understand my medicatken and has completely joined my quality of life by taking it away? I'm not asking For opinions on whether I need the medication or not. Assuming I need it, Is there anything I can do?

Maybe contact the Benzo Information Coalition or Geraldine Burns at Coheal. Hopefully the can give you some solid advice…

Hey there! You could try doing an online psychiatrist. It may cost you like $40 out-of-pocket, but sounds like it would be worth it. I’m wondering if you have tried antidepressants or increasing them. The agoraphobia sounds similar to my extreme social anxiety. I’m able to leave the house, but I can barely talk to people. I’m not a fan of going to public places, so I mostly just go on long walks and look down when people pass me. My doctor recently increased my dose of Straterra (I’m prescribed for ADHD, but it’s an SNRI, so it’s good for anxiety too), and it helped immensely with the fear aspects I had with socializing. I would love to ask your doctor if he has ever taken benzos for an extended period of time and tried to quit! Most doctors are too arrogant to consider anything outside of what they’ve learned in medical school. Pisses me off! If you haven’t tried SSRIs or SNRIs, I urge you to try them first before going back on the benzos. It’s not a quick fix and will take six to eight weeks before it fully works.  If you can stay strong and hang in there it’s totally worth it! Remember that when you start it, it may make you feel worse, but stick to it! It’s a much better option than the benzos. Benzos have messed up my memory and cognitive functioning. It’s not something you want to be on for the rest of your life. I also urge you to get into therapy. Meds are a catalyst, not a fix all. Therapy is way more important than meds. It’s necessary to feel better, but you have to be open to it and what it has to offer. I may be telling you what you already know, just hang in there! You’ve got this!