Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Terrible leg pain

[Da...]

Hi all. Awful cramping vibrating shooting nerve and muscle pain in legs?  Anyone have any tips at all please. I’m in agony with it. It’s always there to some degree but omg today I can’t cope with it. Have tried otc pain meds to no avail. Is this common?  Ty so much 

Hi DA,

I have the same.

I have no tips that probably haven’t been tried already.  I know I should have a hot shower, but I struggle to get in there often.  For ‘comfort’…probably psychological, I put Tiger Balm on my legs…it just seems to feel a bit less bad when I do that.  The vibrating that radiates from the base of the spine…nothing that can be dealt with for me.  Just have to deal with it until it subsides.  I know it’s painful and uncomfortable and can be distressing.  Mine comes and goes…but seems to be more of a constant now but dials down sometimes.

Sending you much healing.

Warmly,

F

• Like 1

Yes, the leg pain is truly difficult. I started getting it in month 12. I’ve read where new symptoms can occur and this one continues to be brutal. It will eventually leave so hang on.  

I use ice, heat packs, frozen water bottles in my pants pockets or spandex shorts. I put a frozen water bottle under my thigh when I drive. I soak my feet in magnesium soak product since it works better than oral magnesium for muscle pain. I also used a mentholated CBD lotion as well. 

I’m so sorry you’re enduring the same. I hope this eases for us soon! 

Hey, I'm having pains in my calves and thighs also. Best thing I've bought is an accupunture mat. They're great! I use it most nights and sometimes during the day. Takes a while to get used too but once you're accustomed to the feeling it's amazing and has helped me tremendously. Definitely look into buying one. 

Yes leg pain is brutal!  I use the same approach as jordanjack, cold gel packs, IcyHot pain patches at night, BioFreeze gel.  I keep a BioFreeze roll on in my purse and car.  Some days the pain is low but then I will have a week that it is ramped up ! 
It is exhausting trying to fight it. I am at the last of my taper and the leg pain has increased tremendously.  

I also try to do some very gentle stretching after a shower which helps a bit.

Hoping this helps a little. :D

THFC900 how often do you use the acupuncture mat...daily/hours/and for how long have you been using it??

I remember wearing a pair of acupressure designed flip flops. Someone at my old apartment complex left them for free in the laundry room. They were well made and brand new....so I was curious to try them. This was over 30 years ago.

At first the flip flops annoyed the bottom of my feet, but I persisted in wearing them. I surprisingly began to love wearing them. I have never forgotten that experience and remember wearing them until they were no longer wearable.:laugh: