Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Benzo Belly

[mi...]

I've been there before, I used to do like 0.7% per week when i first started and i felt every bit of it. 6 months later I was about to handle 1.5% and then ended up around 3% per 2 weeks for awhile and did just fine. It seems like the amount you can handle is based on how sensitive your CNS is at that moment. Is the GI stuff new for you or have you had that all along. Also how long have you been tapering and what mg are you at right now. I started at 0.5mg 2 years ago. I'm at .169mg now. Do you use PCCA powder in your compound?

Oh wow. Ok. So you've also noticed small reductions. My doctor can't believe it, but yes it's dependent on the sensitivity of the cns. My gi stuff has been off and on with improvements from April through June. It had worsened in the last four to five weeks. I think I'm  actually dealing with low stomach acid based on symptoms. 

I am pretty high up in dose at 0.707. My taper has had loads of stops and starts. I was prescribed for lyme and possibly long covid mixed in. Terrible thing to prescribe for these conditions. I started at 0.75 last fall and thought I'd be at least halfway done by now but have had to pause multiple times to address other things. 

How long has it taken you to get to where you are now? Sounds like you've had a decent taper until recently? Hope you can get back to a much smoother place with this.

Yeah, I started at 0.5mg in Oct 2021, cut 25% immediate't because it was too much for my body, so really started at .375mg. It's taken me 18 months to get down to .169. I've cut basically half from the .375. I kind of tapered irregularly for the first year, trying out different amounts but never more than like 4% a month. I finally settled on about 5-6%/month after about a year and was able to taper fine on that (after not handling even small amounts the year before). I did start to feel like maybe it was going to fast this past May, but then I switched to Teva from Accord pills and crashed so so bad. Tried liquid mixed in the middle, everything made it worse. GI got bad immediately on liquid and hasn't settled yet. I can go to the bathroom just fine, it's just my stomach cramps and bloats and gets horrible pains constantly all day. It's like the nerves are hyperactive down there and it's terribly uncomfortable to where sitting or laying down sometimes hurts. Crazy stuff. I've been off it for 12 days back on my original brand and I'm still struggling with GI stuff. Hoping so much that it resolves.