Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Need some advice about my plan

[st...]

I have been taking Xanax for over twenty years. On 7/7/23 I went from 3 mg to 2 mg. I stayed there for two weeks. It wasn't that difficult. On 7/21/23 I went down 10 per cent to 1.80 mg. I am doing a third week at that level because I am not certain the scale I use is accurate. I want to take 10 per cent off every two weeks until I am off the Xanax. I must take things slowly. 

I need to hear from people about accurate scales.

None of these scales are very accurate when you get to low weights.  You can see this.  Just blow on the scale and it will change. 

The good news is, you do not need to be super accurate.  I reduced all the way down to 1/8 of a pill by just cutting and eyeball the size of the chunks.  Benzos stay in the blood long enough so if I got a little more one day and a little less the next day, it averaged out.

If you feel you are sensitive to small changes, you might try a water taper after you get down to 1/4 or 1/8 of a pill.  But in the meantime, do not get stressed out about you scale - stress creates anxiety and anxiety makes your withdrawal symptoms worse.

Do you want to know the scale I played with?

Yes, I would very much like to know the scale you used. Thanks for the reassurance about not getting stressed about the scale. I have noticed I get all worked up when I am weighing the pieces. Your words help.