Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I have no one

[ro...]

I'm so sorry to hear that you've lost your husband! This is so difficult whether you're alone or with someone, my goodness! Well, you found this forum and that's a start. There are a lot of people on here who don't have anyone, too unfortunately. (As an aside, I just took some kava kava today and it helped with my anxiety—a bit!)

There is a lot on this board about distracting. You may think it's an empty subject but believe me, it's not! Getting your mind wrapped around something else other than all the awful things anxiety brings up is one of the best tools to get through the days until you're well into recovery. Whether it's TV, reading, sewing, music or art, find something that can take your mind off of this. It's hard at first!

Here's some of the standard advice you'll get on here. It's all good advice! Eat healthy, avoid caffeine, abstain from alcohol, exercise every day even if all you can do is drag yourself around the block for twenty minutes! If you get to the point where you just can't stand it, find a way. If you go to the ER they'll put you on meds that will delay your recovery. Unfortunately very few doctors have tools in their bag for benzo recovery. In fact, I haven't found one. Although the sheer number of people struggling through this numbers in the tens of thousands every month, doctors are scratching their heads and diagnosing fibromyalgia and a host of other problems. 

You can get through this! One day at a time. One hour or even minute at a time, whatever it takes. The success stories are always worth reading. I never get tired of them.

I've been recovering for eleven months now. It took me about six months to get off clonazepam. I'm not healed but I'm a whole lot better, and you will be too. My heart goes out to you!!

HC

• Like 2

I'm sincerely sorry you lost your husband and can't even imagine what you must be going through.  What a terrible blow!  You have my compassion and sympathy.  I feel terrible that you feel so alone.  I'm here for you, and you will be in my prayers.

• Like 1

I'm sorry. Maybe you could find some real life or online community for people who lost their loved ones. The best would be for wives who lost their husbands. I only have my Kitty. She's 13 yrs old and this breed lives maximum till 15 yrs old. She's in the photo. Have had her since she was 5 months old. We live like with a death sentence. I don't think anyone, anything could ever replace her. I divorced my Husband 6 years ago. It wasn't love. Keeping you in my thoughts🤍🤍🤍

Robin, can you find a talk therapist where you live? I am sorry for your loss and that you feel so alone. When I had a terrible loss a few years ago, the therapist I found helped me process my grief . . . then I continued to see her for my benzo w/d. She always has my back. In a minute I'm going to send you a link to a big list of therapists/psychologists (I have to go to work now) by state.  If it were me (and at one time it was) I would not select a psychiatrist. Again imo you need to talk. 

Hope you can feel a bit better today. I'll send the link later. 

:mybuddy:Katz

• Like 1

Icant find anyone.  my taper is so small and its still killing me .  i'm just doing 1%,so i'm told, i'm trembling so bad my neck is killing me.  Of course I miss my husband so very much I can"t barley stand it.  The anxity is horriable and I'm so scared to go out side.  I haven't been eating well .  I just feel like hell.