Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Holding a job while tapering

[pm...]

Hello pmbhh, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Its tough to hold down a job while tapering and recovering from benzodiazepines, some can't others can but perhaps slowing your taper down might be helpful.  Can you tell us what your taper rate is, also your benzodiazepine?  

We typically suggest reducing by about 5-10% every couple of weeks but what seems to work better is using your symptoms to guide your reductions, this can hopefully keep you employed.

We're glad you joined us, lets help you figure this out.

Pamster

@[pm...]welcome to the community, you’ve come to a great place for support and understanding. One of the hardest things to wrap our mind around is despite the facts that most of us are struggling we are all able to function in different ways. For me I currently am in the middle of a rotation for med school and most days it’s hard, but rewarding and distracting. I find that if I’m home too long then I’m more prone to a mood swing or crying outburst. I have to walk the fine line of keeping busy but allowing myself to feel the healing power of having no obligations. I look forward to hearing about your healing journey!