Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Does life get better?

[TH...]

Currently really struggling with life in general while on this horrid medication. 

Tapering Valium and my life has completely fallen apart. Had to leave my pretty well paid job. Ex work colleague who I thought was a very close friend, decided she doesn't want anything to do with me anymore. Basically told me to move on and find new friends which killed me inside. My mum is getting annoyed with me because my moods keep changing daily. Only thing I have is this group I'm currently working with who are tapering me off. We have weekly zoom like meetings which do help but it's only temporary. 

Very lonely and confused here. Just stuck in a rut and feel worthless. Sorry for the negativity and not sure if this is the right place to vent but got no one to turn to really. 

Does life get better?

[4c...]

Hi THFC

I’m so sorry you are experiencing the kind of isolation that so often accompanies benzodiazepine withdrawal. Please know that you are not alone.

Lean on those still around you, and this community in particular, where you will find the understanding and support you need. 

Know that the inability for those who could not stand by you in your darkest hour, is their issue alone, not yours. You are doing the very best you can through likely the most challenging time of your life. You are going through a process they simply cannot possibly understand, no matter how it is explained to them. Believe in yourself. You are still the same person you always were, it’s just that you are incapable of participating in life at the present time, let alone shine. But, you will participate again. You will shine again. 

All of those emotions you are experiencing right now, we understand. Lean on us. 

You are not worthless.

True worth comes from who you are as a loving compassionate being, not from any roles you may have played in the world. You deserve your own love and appreciation. 

You will rise again in time, be productive, make new friends and rekindle old relationships on the other side of this… I assure you. 

Please don’t ever apologise…

We understand.

We’ve all been caught up in the pain and negativity and felt the need to vent. 

Reach out and lean on us… that’s exactly why we are here as a community. 

WS

[4c...]

By the way, THFC

May I suggest you fill out your medication history/signature in ‘about me’ or ‘history’ on your profile page. 

It will be very helpful to those providing feedback to your posts. 

If you go to my profile page and look at ‘history’, it will give you an idea of how to fill it out. 

@[TH...] I am sure you are farther along in your journey than I am, I’ll be taking my first cut next week. However I can assure you that life will get better and what you are experiencing is a by product of this nasty poison and with time you will become a new person that is better off because of this hellish experience that we’ve experienced. Know you’re not alone. I’ma religious person and firmly believe that when one did closes, another one opens. Keep up the tough battle, I’ll check back with you later today! 

• Love 1

@[TH...] just a few words, firstly I am so sorry that you have had some losses, but please know that in time, it will get better. And your life will return, it will be different, but the good thing will be, that you will be able to decide what you want going forward. I lost people I thought were my friends too, but in reality, it was the best thing that happened, because I got to see who really did care about me. Sure it was hard and gut wrenching, but now that I am on the other side, it was for the best. Now my eyes are wide open and I can feel and see those who really cared about me, because they are still with me. One day you will be healed and the world will be what you decide. I would like to leave you with some words, that I played over an over in my mind during my tapering "Acceptance" "Patience" and "Time". Stay Strong. 💖 Peace and Healing

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Thank you thank you thank you for your replies. Means a lot to me. 

Wasn't expecting to get as many replies tbh so feeling a bit overwhelmed. 

Just nice to know I have this group to turn too and people to speak to about how I'm feeling. 

Thank you all again, much love 

• Like 1

@[du...] I'm doing ok thank you. The days are just rolling into 1 at the moment. Spoke to my pharmacist and he said I will hold on 13mg for another week and see how I feel next Wednesday about another drop. 

But yeah it's difficult, I'm just plodding along and trying to think positively. Hard to see a future for me at the moment I won't lie. 

But thank you for checking in on me.