Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Warrior0880 Water microtaper 0.25 Clonaz/Klonop

[Wa...]

Water tapering of K .25mg (.125mg every 12 hours) in 200 mL water. Rather than one big jar full split, doing 2 dose jars because tablets are already .125mg oral disintegrating. Will do this in 100 mL each. (.125 mg in 100 mL 2x p day)

So my taper reduces 0.00125 p cut because 0.25/200ml or .125/100.

First cut (first 1 mL liquid removed,.5mg from each)

0.25-0.00125=.24875

Second cut (2 mL liquid removed, 1 mL from each)

.24875-0.00125=0.2475

Third cut (3 mL liquid removed, 1.5 mL from each)

0.2475-0.00125=0.24625

Fourth cut (4 mL liquid removed, 2 mL from each)

0.24625-0.00125=.245

Fifth cut (5mL liquid removed, 2.5 mL from each)

.245-0.00125=.24375

So on and so forth...for a total of 10mL liquid removed out of 200mL p 30 days to equal total reduction of 0.0125 p month which is 5%.

Making 10 reductions total of 1/2mL p dose jar (1mL p cut) p 30 days to equal that 5%. This is the PLAN! I am ready to be flexible as I have a hypersensitive but ABLE cns

Question, if I am aiming for reduction of no more than 5% p month, how will that work math-wise as I get higher in mL removed each time? I believe this is how water tapers go...correct...as we are going up in amt cut, the percentage in each cut is higher compared to the total consumed?

Hi @[Wa...],

You are correct about the percentage going up every time you remove another mL. You can maintain your desired percentage rate by adding to the total amount of liquid, thereby diluting your solution, or you can start holding for longer as needed to stay within your desired rate.

• 1 month later...
On 02/08/2023 at 09:13, [[h...] said:

Hi @[Wa...],

You are correct about the percentage going up every time you remove another mL. You can maintain your desired percentage rate by adding to the total amount of liquid, thereby diluting your solution, or you can start holding for longer as needed to stay within your desired rate.

Sorry for late reply. Didnt get notification. How do I know when I am removing, what rate i am diluting at as i get lower? Thanks for your help

Edited by [Wa...]

Hi @[Wa...], simply divide the amount you're taking out (1mL) each day by the total, and you'll have your percent drop. If you want to see this percent drop over 14 days or a month, as these are the numbers most people are used to working in and the taper rates we see guidelines for, multiply by 14 or 30 respectively.

So if you're taking out 1mL, and you're at 200mL:

You would have 1 divided by 200, which equals 0.005 or 0.5%.

Multiply .005 by 14 and get .07 or 7.0% every 14 days.

Multiply .005 by 30 and get 0.15 or 15.0% every month.