Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Diazepam down to 1mg. Relapsed and took 10mg once - what do I do now?

[Le...]

Please help me. I relapsed once in the whole 20 week taper from 10mg, I’m now down to 1mg. I took 10mg because I was having a panic attack. Am I able to go back to my taper at 1mg as I don’t want to ruin all of my progress? I have 1 week left at 1mg then I’m supposed to be off! 

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I don't think taking diazepam 10mg one time will ruin all your progress.  How are you feeling now?  

• Like 1

I’m feeling ok now I’m just scared that it might increase my risk of seizure or something (never had one), but I feel completely fine it was a moment of silliness and yeah I just didn’t know if it ruined all my progress or if I needed to up the dose for abit but thank you 

Typically a one off dose won't have any detrimental effects but what I'm wondering is your time line seem very rapid.  We suggest tapering according to your symptoms, this can hopefully keep us functional and as in your case, avoiding panic attacks.  Are you on a strict taper because of supply issues or is someone directing your taper?

I wouldn't worry about a seizure, they're rare unless one is prone to them. 

There isn’t any reason as such I just followed the Ashton manual as I heard it was the best. Ugh I’m not sure what to do and this drug scares me because of potential withdrawals. The reason I had a panic attack is because I was on Reddit on benzo recovery and I felt fine, but I’ve always been health anxious before diazepam and then I read symptoms and it’s like my mind creates the symptoms and I’m like omg, I genuinely don’t know what to do - I’m scared of this drug because people say seizures or brain damage or speech slurred - I’ve not had anything like this. Can you help me with advice? 

I'm sorry, I've been dealing with a stomach virus so didn't see your post, how are you now?  Are you still at 1 mg? 

Its pretty easy to get ourselves worked up, our fear is out of control when we're going through this, so you're not alone.