Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Somatic sxs of pressure and tightness question

[An...]

@[Ma...] I am so curious about your story. How long ago would you say your spine was "normal" from how it is currently? were you ever checked for scoliosis or do you have any history of spinal injuries? I too cannot relate to this however I do know that tight muscles do cause the body to shift. If this is tight muscles from stress I have faith that this can be reversed. I just dont have all the information needed. Will you share your story if your able? I know its hard 

It was 100% normal I have now 19 months severe, and believe me for what I have seen from here, SEVERE dystonic muscles in my body deforming my posture. There is never a minute I don’t have my muscles pulling me in several directions. It’s a sad story cause now 9.5 months off things progress and nothing gets easier. 
this happened when they took me off CT march 2022, and reinstatement didn’t make it better. Maybe the reinstatement also was wrong tapered but my akathasia didn’t let me taper normal I was to fucked to even have my child around e I didn’t have her for 7 months. I am a severe case I know and I think my life is just stolen. As long as my Dystonia is so bad all I can do is lay flat and do nothing 

Hi @[Ma...] sorry you are feeling this way. Extremely difficult.

What or how did this all start? I am taking ambien and mirtazapine and having involuntary movements twitches all over my body. spasms too sometimes on  jead and neck.

and incoluntary swallowing. I am scared

You will be fine . As long as it is spasms it will heal. 
For me it’s a chronic dystonic state changing my posture for 1,5 year now never lets go. Spasm will leave eventually 

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/09/2023 at 16:11, [[L...] said:

Hi @[Ma...] sorry you are feeling this way. Extremely difficult.

What or how did this all start? I am taking ambien and mirtazapine and having involuntary movements twitches all over my body. spasms too sometimes on  jead and neck.

and incoluntary swallowing. I am scared

Lala123 I ate sushi last week ( lots of soy sauce) and my involuntary swallowing was constant for like 15 minutes I think I swallowed 150 times I couldn’t stop it. Maybe watch your glutamate 🙏🏻

• 6 months later...
[Gi...]
On 31/07/2023 at 16:04, [[A...] said:

There are many threads in the benzo archives about this that I have read. Ppl feel it in various places in their bodies. This tension can even move around to various places. Some ppl feel it in the head. Others in the chest, back, arms, neck, etc. My question tho is if you had this and it is now gone away for you since you have successfully withdrawn from benzos, how long did the annoying pressure and tightness linger before it finally dissipated? 

If you still have this (whether you are still on or off benzos), I'd also like to know......where, how long?

@[An...] how long have you been off the Benzo if you don’t mind me asking please?