Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Somatic sxs of pressure and tightness question

[An...]

There are many threads in the benzo archives about this that I have read. Ppl feel it in various places in their bodies. This tension can even move around to various places. Some ppl feel it in the head. Others in the chest, back, arms, neck, etc. My question tho is if you had this and it is now gone away for you since you have successfully withdrawn from benzos, how long did the annoying pressure and tightness linger before it finally dissipated? 

If you still have this (whether you are still on or off benzos), I'd also like to know......where, how long?

I'm hesitant to say it, but I haven't felt it in a few days. I used to get it a lot. Sometimes it felt like crushing pressure, like I was a toothpaste tube being squeezed out, mostly in my chest, throat, and head, but sometimes all over my body. Other times it felt like outward pressure, like I was being pumped full of air. This is one of those sxs many of us know but is really hard to describe. You wouldn't understand it unless you've felt it. I am nearly three months off .875 mg K. More info can be found in my profile.

It will go away, @[An...]. I'm hoping it's gone for me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, [[h...] said:

I'm hesitant to say it, but I haven't felt it in a few days. I used to get it a lot. Sometimes it felt like crushing pressure, like I was a toothpaste tube being squeezed out, mostly in my chest, throat, and head, but sometimes all over my body. Other times it felt like outward pressure, like I was being pumped full of air. This is one of those sxs many of us know but is really hard to describe. You wouldn't understand it unless you've felt it. I am nearly three months off .875 mg K. More info can be found in my profile.

Thanks so much for your reply hereforhelp   👍

• Like 1

I feel it MOSTLY in my head but also up my neck and all over as well. If I stand up or walk on an incline, it becomes very pronounced. I am 8 months off. 

• Like 1

I have it still in my head face shoulder neck arms hands 

its very extreme. 
8 months off worsening now. I hope more people respond hope for us♥️ Really need it

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 31/07/2023 at 21:19, [[h...] said:

I have the exact same thing you are describing. I haaaate this. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, [[W...] said:

I have the exact same thing you are describing. I haaaate this. 

I'm truly sorry to hear that, @[Wi...]. It's come back for me after getting a virus and having a cough, mucus, and then a sore throat for seven weeks straight.. some of my symptoms have revved, and a couple have come back. I've noticed it the last few days and actually have it right now. Just a moderate crushing pressure in my legs and chest, and my head feels off too. It's not painful but incredibly uncomfortable. Thankfully, it just seems to hit in the morning for an hour or two. Hopefully it'll go away again soon. Hope it goes for you too.

Edited by [he...]

Hello @[Ma...], I get this sudden feeling of extreme tiredness. All of a sudden zero energy... It does not go away as fast as it comes. 

Honestly, no one deserves this.:idiot: We need to pull through. 

Edited by [Re...]
Context

Hi antibenzo,

Oh that's been a nightmare for me. This squeezing was in my chest and my head from both sides. It used to feel like elephant on my chest and stone crush in head like a tight band, trust me it's horrible. It lasted for nearly 6 months post final dose of benzo (consumed for two three months on and off). Then it gradually decreased afterwards but I was sensitive to food which used to trigger symptoms. After two years now I am almost symptoms free but have to be carefull regarding food. 

Please make a note for things which triggers you and make a log of it. It will get better soon. Just don't go back to it otherwise it will create more issues for you.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

Hi antibenzo,

Oh that's been a nightmare for me. This squeezing was in my chest and my head from both sides. It used to feel like elephant on my chest and stone crush in head like a tight band, trust me it's horrible. It lasted for nearly 6 months post final dose of benzo (consumed for two three months on and off). Then it gradually decreased afterwards but I was sensitive to food which used to trigger symptoms. After two years now I am almost symptoms free but have to be carefull regarding food. 

Please make a note for things which triggers you and make a log of it. It will get better soon. Just don't go back to it otherwise it will create more issues for you.

We’re your muscles also visible contracted, for me they change in size and pull my spine in an s shape. 
i am getting Botox after waiting almost a year to see if it gets better as it’s curving my spine and neck in wrong direction. 
Did it leave gradually for you ? Or did u just wake up jt gone?

10 hours ago, [[M...] said:

We’re your muscles also visible contracted, for me they change in size and pull my spine in an s shape. 
i am getting Botox after waiting almost a year to see if it gets better as it’s curving my spine and neck in wrong direction. 
Did it leave gradually for you ? Or did u just wake up jt gone?

I had reverse. I use to have multiple swelling of muscles spot and not contracted. It was hell painful and to add I had pain everywhere in ribcage felt like heart attack all time.

Gone through multiple tests and spend more money than I can imagine and doctors are worst people to help me. So I just got cleared from tests and tried healing at home.

Only thing I learned is that it will cure on own slowly.  only thing we can do is to try to cure the symptoms superficially.  I am two years off but still two days back only two glasses of aerated drink started my heart squeezing and ribcage pain along with head pressure. So I have to control again. 

You please make a log for yourself and note symptoms and try to do small exercises. I am sure you will be back to normal slowly 😊

My vertebrea wedged together cause of dystonia in traps and neck muscles 

I think we all have to take action when things are too bad. Everybody on fb told me to wait it out , now I am fucked forever cause of my hump in uper back and spine change in lower back. 

I don’t know if it all will resolve I don’t think that’s the case for everyone unfortunately 

31E6A289-A0E6-4DE4-9CEA-0FF2A16570A4.png

@[Ma...] have you been to a chiropractor? This WILL improve. I taught fitness and pilates to private clients for years and many people had neck issues not due to benzo but general stress. They do improve. DO you have pain? A physical therapist would be a great option for you

@[Ma...] do you have imaging of the vertebrae fused together? Who said it was fused and why? 

i would absolutely get multiple opinions and walk away from any PT who says surgery is the "probably" solution. 

I have learned that its best to exhaust all resources as naturally as possible before doing any kind of surgery. 

Are you in pain?

Yes extreme pain. My whole upper body is like concrete. My neck pulled forwards 24/7 head pulled backward, tong moving mouth open. Shoulders pulled up arms feel like concrete 

chest concrete. Back muscles stiff and always contracted in a c shape, stomach pulled up and lordosis . I think I had low Gaba already from myself cause otherwise I cannot understand this 

No he could feel it. I have spine mri in a couple of weeks. 
And Botox for the neck and shoulders. I know Botox is crap but the pain is not normal anymore 

Hi @[Ma...]

I can’t pretend to know or understand what you are experiencing, but I would consider seeking Cranio-sacral therapy, as it is very gentle. It locates and releases blocks in cerebral spinal fluid. I’ve had quite a few sessions, and it can be extremely powerful. 

Check out this link and read about it. 

www.integrativehealthcare.org

I don’t know if you have any medical or extras cover, but if you do, some osteopaths also practice CST, so there can be potential coverage, as apposed to seeking the therapy through an independent or integrative medical practitioner where there is no coverage. 

Just a thought. 

I am in the same situation…  monetarily. 

We need a moneytree! 

it blows my mind everyday how I was a successful healthy woman and no stuck disabled support by gouvernment here in Holland. 

thnks for the suggestions ♥️🙏🏻