Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Does emotional blunting heals

[Sc...]

Yes!  It most certainly did for me.  However, post-taper, I went through a few months of crying ALL THE TIME!  Ugh! It was terrible.  Every commercial, tv show, conversation, disagreement, etc. left me with tears streaming down my face!  And to make matters worse, everytime I was happy I cried as well!  LOL  What a mess!  I tend to think it was years of apathy coming to an end and all this bottled-up emotion coming out.   Fortunately, it's finally regulated but please hang in there!  In my experience, it truly gets better!

Lori, most of the people who had emotional blunting got better during taper or few months out post taper. 

I'm 1 year out and not getting better anyway. That's why I'm losing hope. 

I'm not much further than you.  I'm currently 15 months out and I think things really started getting better (emotionally) at 7-8 months.  Everyone is different (as you know).  For me the mental stuff cleared faster than the physical symptoms and for some it's the other way around.  Please don't lose hope!  

• 2 months later...